iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 200th anniversary at St. Jacob/Miamisburg and St. Mark’s/Delaware, Ohio  (Read 597 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

Here in Miamisburg, Ohio, we have been celebrating the 200th anniversary of the church I serve, St. Jacob Lutheran.  We have been having fun with the number 200 with various items and I was looking forward to having 200 tops to give away in late August which will be connected to our Miamisburg top fest.  We are hopeful that things will be better with the pandemic at that time.

Interestingly enough, my home congregation in Delaware, Ohio also started in 1821.  They had their big 200th celebration this past weekend and I was the preacher for the day.  I had a little children’s sermon with a John Markus rotational top that Eric Wolfe turned into a bearing top.  After a boomerang and a few tricks around the body I declared that God thinks St. Mark’s is tops and left them 200 finger spinners from Don Olney’s collection.  It was a good day and well received.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: 200th anniversary at St. Jacob/Miamisburg and St. Mark’s/Delaware, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 10:28:08 AM »

Congratulations on the 200th anniversary!
Hopefully by August the covid situation will be under control and the top festival can be part of the celebrations.

Those kids really got a (spinning) treat!

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 08:38:13 PM »

Congrats for 200 years! That certainly is a very long time. 200 twirlers is also a lot!  :o

I definitely look forward to seeing all of you at next year's event in Miamisburg!

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:53:09 PM »

Felicidades muero por estar de nuevo en este festival

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 05:52:42 AM »

After lunch with some of my family, I pulled out extra finger spinners and had some fun with the little ones.  We cleared the kitchen table and everyone spun for a while.  It was a great group effort and I got a nice picture of the little ones with their tops.