iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Spin Top Pros Needed for 8 week tour in South America  (Read 2463 times)

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Spin Top Pros Needed for 8 week tour in South America
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:51:06 AM »

I got a Facebook message from a guy named Diego Delgado (lots of mutual yo-yo friends, but don't know him) about a 8-week tour in South America.  Here is his slightly modified original message:

sorry my inglish, i need players spintop for promtion in south america
the company pay salarity hotel security life air tikets all is for promotion 8 or 10 weeks
i need 2 mens and 1 women players spintop ok send me your answer please
i need photo and your complete name thanks
you see my in comunidad colombiana de yoyo is my page in facebook tanks answer my ok

I answered that I couldn't, the time in my life when I could have done such a thing has long past.  He then requested I let any top spinners I know about it, thus this post.

MatiasStuntMan

Re: Spin Top Pros Needed for 8 week tour in South America
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »

I checked their website in FB and seems like they are going to use Tops and Yo-Yos to promote some calling card, or was it an energy drink? Anyway it will be a tour to promote a non Top manufacturer product, Similar to what Coca-Cola did with Yo-Yos in the 70s and 80s. Maybe Ta0 will return with some news about this campaign in the south cone. This will promote the sport in South-america and hopefully will put Tops back on main stream! Maybe after this more manufacturers will come up with more options and new designs. And even better, maybe and because of this campaign the next world's will be full of southamericans!!!

Hmmm should I quit my daytime job?... just knowing how to throw a boomerang will be enough?

Talking about Coca-Cola, how come they don't sell Yo-Yos on their museum store in Atlanta? what a disappointment.

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 01:58:33 PM »

Curious:  I should think that they would have plenty of players to choose from in South America...was the e-mail sent all over? 

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »

He contacted me a while ago asking if I knew spintop professional performers. Takeshi had given him my address. I told him about the few I knew and I asked him some questions but he didn't answer back. Then I got the same message as Chris. These may be the same promotion that asked Tomaldo for a quote for thousands of wooden tops (he makes them one at a time so this was out of question).

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »

You must not have mentioned my name.  They haven't contacted me yet, much to my dismay as I hope to make millions of dollars as a top spinning professional so I can retire from church business and live a life of luxury throwing tops.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »

As far as I know, altough in Colombia there are a lot of superb players of top, knowing through of Antonio Villalobos and with a phone talk with Gerardo Montero, and with some talks with Gustavo, the level of colombian players with plastic tops is not so high.
Lastly, mainly through Gustavo and Villalobos (who is mexican, but he lives in Colombia since years ago, his wife is colombian, I think) who taught to many colombians mexican techniques, the level of some colombian players has increased, playing the almost the same, or the same, than mexicans.