Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: QSH Cap  (Read 209 times)

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
QSH Cap
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:37:56 AM »

I'm thinking about making a topcap for one of my QSHs out of delrin.  Anyone got any suggestions on how to make it snap onto the body of the top without the need for tape?  Is it just supposed to be a press fit or so I need to make some sort of a lip that snaps into place?

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
Re: QSH Cap
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 09:36:38 AM »

Two pics of one of my Jose Madrigal / Relamoago crowns. They are fantastic. I do not need to tape then in place as they are a very tight fit. The 2nd photo shows the narrow ring that holds the cap securely to the body of the top.

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »

Two pics of one of my Jose Madrigal / Relamoago crowns. They are fantastic. I do not need to tape then in place as they are a very tight fit. The 2nd photo shows the narrow ring that holds the cap securely to the body of the top.
Thanks!  That does help.  Does it seem to snap into place or is it more of a sliding into place?

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 08:02:15 AM »

These caps need a lot of pressure to install. There's a snap when they move into place. And it's very tight. I'd be happy to provide measurements if you like.

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »

These caps need a lot of pressure to install. There's a snap when they move into place. And it's very tight. I'd be happy to provide measurements if you like.
Ooh, measurements are always welcome!