iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION OPEN FOR 2020 WORLD SPINTOP ONLINE CONTEST

Poll

What should be the deadline for the World Spintop Online Contest?

Sunday, August 30th
- 2 (15.4%)
Sunday, September 13th
- 0 (0%)
Sunday, Septmeber 27th
- 2 (15.4%)
Sunday, October 11th
- 0 (0%)
Sunday, October 25th
- 9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: World Virtual Spintop Contest 2020?  (Read 2189 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: World Virtual Spintop Contest 2020?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2020, 10:07:53 AM »

I incorporated these changes to the rules, and I think they are about final. They are here with italics for the recent changes: 2020 World Spintop Online Contest Rules.

I made only judging your own division compulsory and judging the other optional. I'm proposing that the Review Panel selects 8 Suggested Finalists from each division. The competitors should at least watch the 8 Suggested Finalist from their own division.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2020, 05:20:05 PM »

By the way, Herney from Colombia and Guillem from Spain have told me that they will enter both divisions."
Hell yeah!!! That sounds so good!!!

Just a quick note:
Thank you ta0, it's so amazing what's you're doing!!! And of course, all members of this forum participating in this new adventure!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2020, 01:20:45 PM »

On the International Board six countries have approved the rules so far (Czech Republic, Mexico, Colombia, India, USA and Canada), so this is going to happen!  8) Expect an official announcement soon.

I'm discussing with Taka how to make the Ladder Trick list koma-friendly. It would be great to have Japanese players also competing on that one.

We need a logo . . . The IJA used a computer monitor on their online contest logo:

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2020, 11:00:22 PM »

Maybe something like this:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:47:10 AM by ta0 »

jim in paris

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2020, 08:56:31 AM »

mui bien !

donde esta la cuerda ? ::)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

CUPER

• ITSA
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »

Así es ocupamos poner la cuerda y algunas cosa amas voy proponer algo estos días saludos

lincolnrick

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2020, 09:08:40 AM »

I like the logo. I might suggest 'Best in the World' instead. With the globe depicted as it is, 'Top of the World' kind of implies (to me at least), we're having the event in the snowy region of the Arctic. Just a thought.  ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2020, 11:54:19 AM »

Así es ocupamos poner la cuerda y algunas cosa amas voy proponer algo estos días saludos
I know you have designed and made custom spintop shaped medals and now are designing a trophy for worlds. I look forward to your design.
Although I have have already put this logo on the website, it's very easy to change.

I like the logo. I might suggest 'Best in the World' instead. With the globe depicted as it is, 'Top of the World' kind of implies (to me at least), we're having the event in the snowy region of the Arctic. Just a thought.  ;D
;D
The traditional motto of Yo-Yo nats in Chico was: "America's Best Players Wind Up in Chico".  But in 2013 they offered to make us a backdrop for the small dedicated spintop stage and I requested: "America's Top Players Turn Up in Chico". The banner we finally got was: "America's Top Players Wind Up in Chico". But I believe I later saw the yo-yo motto had also changed to that  >:D

Daveid

• pinwheels
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »

UPDATED 7/24
================
E. Open Freestyle Rules
1. It consists of a 3-minute duration freestyle to music.

i haven't uploaded anything with music in a while because youtube got a lot better at recognizing copyrighted material a long time ago. some of my videos lost their audio and some of my videos stopped working except in specific countries (i dont remember which video it was but for a while one of them only played in germany), i think i had a few that got advertisements or links to purchase the music added to them... has anyone uploaded anything with music they know will get taken down due to copyright issues to see how long it stays up? it seems like I've heard of people uploading short clips of things with copyrighted music in the background only to have it taken down.  i assume that in the last decade their technology at recognizing it has gotten better...
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »

The music can be an issue with Youtube. It's not any copyright music, but only the ones that the owners have asked Youtube to enforce. It happened last year with Eli's worlds freestyle that uses Beatle's music. The algorithm will detect it as soon as you upload it. However, Vimeo did not block Eli's sound track, so we are giving Vimeo.com as an option. Anyway, I suggest testing the music that you are going to use to see if it's blocked.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2020, 12:59:44 PM »

We already have a competitor from Europe and one from Asia registered, both in the Open and Traditional freesytles! Guillem representing the Balearic Islands and Andre Du Toit representing Hong Kong!  8)
Andre has been a member of ITSA since at least 2016, but I don't think I have ever met him.

I think that regardless of who wins, this contest will be an opportunity to feature the top talent around the world. I plan to participate even though I'm not expecting to win. I encourage everybody to do the same. Please, spread the word.

We should be announcing soon age divisions for the ladder. Perhaps a women division? Any other ideas? I think the week between the video submission deadline and the award ceremony we could have other events.

Here is a high-resolution jpg version of the logo: www.spintops.org/images/WorldLogo2020.jpg

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2020, 06:13:59 PM »

This early we have 7 competitors representing 6 countries (USA, Hong Kong, Uruguay, Balearic Islands, Japan and France) already registered:

6 - Open Freestyle (including 3 previous world champs  ;) )
2 - Traditional Freestyle (both also do Open)
1 - Sport (13 yr. old)

I have translated to Spanish the rules and registration pages (still missing the ladder list). If somebody wants to volunteer to translate to another language, just pm me.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2020, 08:46:46 AM »

We need a promotional video for Worlds. Any volunteers to share the work?
You can use clips from freestyles (e.g., latest winners) and photos from previous world contests. Perhaps also images for top play around the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up