iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 1442 times)

JODA9395

My Introduction
« on: June 04, 2020, 11:16:06 PM »

:) Hello everyone. My name is Daniel but I go by Joda online. I have collected tops for some time now, about 10 years or so, and enjoy the simplistic entertainment it brings. I hope to share some of the things I've collected and hope to increase my collection over time. Nice to meet you all.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 11:34:36 PM »

Welcome, JODA9395!!!  Nice to have you with us.  I look forward to hearing more about you and your top collection.  I like the way you phrased why you enjoy tops......"I enjoy the simplistic entertainment it brings."  Well said.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

JODA9395

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:42:41 PM »

Thanks Earl. Since we're in quarantine, I even thought to make a little film for my friends at home in the vain of Ray and Charles Eames. Maybe I'll be able to show it here.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:03:31 AM »

Welcome, Daniel!

It seem that the percentage of collectors in the forum is increasing.
I look forward to watching your top film. It will be a great way of starting on the forum!

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:19:43 AM »

Thanks Earl. Since we're in quarantine, I even thought to make a little film for my friends at home in the vain of Ray and Charles Eames. Maybe I'll be able to show it here.

Welcome aboard, Daniel! We'd love to see a video tour of your collection or any part of it in any style you like.

Do you specialize in particular genres?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:22:48 AM by Jeremy McCreary »
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

JODA9395

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 01:11:46 AM »

Welcome, Daniel!

It seem that the percentage of collectors in the forum is increasing.
I look forward to watching your top film. It will be a great way of starting on the forum!

Thanks. Hopefully I can. It has some copyrighted music so I hope it's okay since I'm not seeking monetary compensation.

JODA9395

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 01:17:05 AM »

Welcome aboard, Daniel! We'd love to see a video tour of your collection or any part of it in any style you like.

Thanks Jeremy. I try to collect tops with a cultural history as opposed to the purpose making tricks. The tricks are the bonus, but learning to spin tops is the fun within the journey. My only regret is scratching up my Sasebo top a little, although I have a lot of fun spinning it. Right now I'm browsing that French website in one of the forums. So many tops that were out of reach to add to my wishlist.

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 02:10:38 AM »

Thanks Jeremy. I try to collect tops with a cultural history as opposed to the purpose making tricks. The tricks are the bonus, but learning to spin tops is the fun within the journey. My only regret is scratching up my Sasebo top a little, although I have a lot of fun spinning it. Right now I'm browsing that French website in one of the forums. So many tops that were out of reach to add to my wishlist.
Welcome to the forum! It's a great place here. I scratched my sasebo tops too, btw. I'm looking forward to your top film!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:03:48 PM by Texture »

JODA9395

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 02:20:31 AM »

Welcome to the forum! It's a geat palce here. I scratched my sasebo tops too, btw. I'm looking forward to your top film!

Thanks! I'll have to rework it to get it just right.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:25:53 PM by JODA9395 »

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 10:53:00 AM »

Welcome Tops Home!
Out of curiosity: Where are you from?

JODA9395

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »

Welcome Tops Home!
Out of curiosity: Where are you from?

Sorry, I must have missed this. I'm from Los Angeles California.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 09:50:58 PM »

It seems like we should have a bunch of people here from Southern California, but I don't think we do.  Thanks for joining us and representing that area of the world.  The papers around here have been talking a lot about California wildfires.  Hope none of that is near your family or friends.