iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hallo from Italy  (Read 4535 times)

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
Hallo from Italy
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »

I cannot be called a spintop player because I scarcely know how to throw, but i still trying to learn :-)
In the meanwhile I've produced a Top and in these days will come on some players hands and get back their feedbak, you can see it on my avatar :-)

Bye, Maurizio

P.S. more info starts frome here http://www.facebook.com/mryoit

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Hallo from Italy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »

Hi Maurizio!

Finally somebody from Italy! I am curious to know if there is any top spinning in Italy, either modern type or with traditional wooden ones (trottola?).

Are you producing a new spintop? Do you mean a production top to sell? That's great!
From the small picture of the avatar, it seems to have a nice shape. The tip seems to be a little small or is it a big top? What is the material?

Benvenuto!

Jorge

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »

For now the reality in Italy is a lot to cultivate, in the last two years yoing grow a lot but there isn't a good base for top playng. I've start to make tops because i bought a metal lathe and the best way to learn how to work was starting with easy (???) things, tops alse because a friend of mine Takeshi, suggested to me. The second proto was really hot, so i give it to play to my friends and the response was good, the last step was the top you see on the photo in my profile on fb. Delrin body, stainless steel tip, two duncan size bearings and in the middle a stainless steel tube that prevent to damage the bearings from falling on the ground of the top. Thanks to my top, now a lot of people is starting to play tops, so i hope we can have some good players in the next year. I'm not too skilled, for this i'm waiting the response from real players, the tops fells good for me but it don't means is very good for the play, is my first work :-) .

The weight is 90 gr (a bit high, but i wasn't sure about the resistance)
diameter 58,35 mm
height 69,30 mm

That's all for now  :) , Maurizio

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »

Yippeee!  We have someone from Italy on the board.

I'm just back from the national youth gathering in New Orleans.
Not much top action down there except from our youth group!
Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Meanwhile, welcome Maurizio!!!  Nice looking top.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »

Tnx Mike, we are trying to make grow yoing, top playng and other juggling stuff, is not simple but step by step we gain young people every day :-)

Maurizio

P.S. i'm waiting for the response from Takeshi and Pulp, i know it can't be perfect but i hope it can be a good start for better ones

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:16:02 AM »

Davvero, Maurizio, ho bisogno di sapere alcune parole relazionate con questo mondo della trtoola, come (in spagnuolo Io le escrivo, e allora, per favore, tù mi daì le stesse parole, ma in la tua lingua)Anche aggiungerò alcune dacui già so la traduzioni e di ciascuna scrivo quì.
Perche a questi giorni non sto a casa e non ho il mio dizionario.
truco
hilo                                mariposa (farfalla)
punta                             aro-aro
suelo                              trompo(nella Spagna si dice più peonza) Trottola
colibrì                             girar-girare 
aro                                 giro-giro
madera                            jugador-giocatore
àngulo                             bailar-bailare                           
cavidad                            derecho-diritto
artesanal                          izquierdo=zurdo-siniestro
dedo indice                       
dedo pulgar
dedo medio
dedo anular
dedo meñique
Por ahora son todas (Per adesso sono tutte)
Grazie.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »

Hello Maurizio.

I pass all the evening playing with your top.

Is a great top. And with few changes will be an optimal top.

The weight is so high. Reduce 15 g. and it will be more playable. The walls of the sides are so big. The high weight makes it so slow in its movements, and are difficult to hang or correcting the precession.

The tip is ok but I would prefer a wide "wing" of the tip for better lasso.

The string is incredible, very similar to Spintastics sidewinder top.

But the very heavy poker buck is a mistake. It is beautiful in form and drawing, but so heavy and always runaway of the hands and is neccesary to recover the string.

The material of the body is very good for beginners because when it contact with the hand, there are not friction and the top dont hide out.

But incredibly have the enought grip for good "automáticos" snap start.

The bearing of the tips are designed very inteligently and the tip spin so easy and loudness.

It is possible a to take a new video next thusday.

Waiting for the Mark-II prototipe.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »

Thank you Pulp, i really need your suggestions, I hope to resolve easly the weight problem but depends a lot from the factory, isn't simple to carve inside the top, now I'm working on the plan designs to find the right way. I will also try to make two new tips, i will wait some pictures from you so I can draw better new ones. I've planned to maintain the same tip system for all the new tops, so will be easy to excange the tips from the various tops, and also buy different bodies to replace older or broken ones. The sticker and the poker buck are only aesthetic improvements, I can bet every good player can find better strings and holders than mine (I've tried with thicker strings and the top works a little beter).

I wait your video, I can't imagine how the top can work on good hands :-)

Bye, Maurizio

P.S. be free to mail me, i really appreciate your help