iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• Marines' festival des toupies yoyos et diabolos 2020 (1: January 28, 2020 - February 02, 2020

Author Topic: Marines' festival 2020  (Read 9427 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Marines' festival 2020
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2020, 02:02:25 AM »

hi all

great times at Marines

it's been the largest edition so far...most participants will now go to Loon for more spintop play

today Jorge and I head to Cyril's (....////...)

to be continued ...

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2020, 03:19:13 AM »

Ludo calls this the top of friendship. ¿Who can tell correctly every nationality?
Hint: The redhead is Armin's wife.

More hints:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:18:34 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2020, 03:38:33 PM »

Hmmm.....well, there are eight people in that formation.  I know of the USA, France and Columbia for sure.  You said Armin is there and his wife with the red hair, so that is Germany.  It looks like the Indonesian guest is there.  You talked about one coming from Greece, and also Malaysia.  Seems like Mexico should be represented but I do not know who that is....or Hungary.  But that is nine.  I still need help!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »

Hola estoy en marines y loon plage amigo Mike ,este año es genial ya que muchos amigos que contacte están en festival ,esto es genial

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2020, 02:33:09 PM »

I'm on the train, ready to leave to Dunkerque, which is very close to Loon-Plage.
Yesterday we had a great visit to Cyril. Although he mostly showed me the tops he had bought since the last time I visited, 2 years ago, the visit took about 4 hours. Many of these tops he acquired from Lassanske
By the way, lucky Cyril got Aras gasing book that was on the display. I almost got it myself, but Cyril wanted it so bad . . .

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »

One wonderful thing about both festivals was that we were all offered free meals and accommodations. In France the government is supportive of this type of "cultural events". Here we are eating in Marines with food prepared by the volunteers:

The young boy is Nikolas, the son of Kostas (with wife besides him). He had everybody amazed (including his father) with his progress and motivation throwing all kinds of tops. A natural talent!

Spinning candy: I made a point to spin them before eating them:  :D

A great display by the Indonesian delegation, that brought that whole collection on the plane. The dolls were provided by the embassy.

Agus lives in Sumatra and directs the combat division of the gasing association. The translator, Sari, was extremely nice, knowledgeable, and had great English. I now need to go to Indonesia in the next two years to take advantage of the contacts. I believe their national tournament is in October.

I liked the sculpture at the entrance that shows a boy not throwing the top by wrapping it. Later Cyril showed me an even better one that is part of a clock.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2020, 12:59:36 PM »

Hola sin duda estos festivales fueron fabulosos,gracias a los organizadores por el apoyo a mis invitados , Jorge deberias poner algo que en mi perosna fue genial ,el ritual del trompo donde hacemos la araña todos los países juntos ritual de la familia del giro,(trompo) saludos
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:15:05 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2020, 01:27:39 PM »

Cuper: I think Yeferson has a video of the spider/"Friendship Top" made with Figaro. That was the best one.

Some pre-festival cover of the 10th consecutive festival:

The French National contest announced never happened: there was not much interest from the players. The reality, is that everybody was having to much fun and competing was not the reason they were there.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2020, 01:31:15 PM »

Agus throwing an unusual gasing from Sumatra with a long pointy crown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJ3HNYVWW4

As you can see it's wrapped from the top as most gasings, and thrown tip up.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:20:57 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2020, 02:51:29 PM »

In both Marines and Loon-Plage there were official Beyblade competitions with representatives of the company. This is from the finals:

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2020, 05:20:21 PM »

I have known about Armin Kolb since I started collecting tops, around 1999. His website (www.spinningtop.de) says he has been making tops since 1979! He is the father of high end finger tops, making them before anybody else. Kostas said that Armin and Don Olney were his inspirations to start making tops. Although I always had wanted one of his tops, I never got one until Marines. It was a treat to finally meet him. Had I known he was going to be there, I would have brought my Simonelli top.

Armin and his wife had a good time at the festivals but I doubt they will come back as the public was not the type that would purchase his mostly high-end creations.
On the other hand, Kostas seemed to do very well in sales:

His colorful tops are very attractive and have a great finish and functionality.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:26:22 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2020, 05:34:02 PM »

Dorien Dewaele from Lille, maker of wooden games and restorer of Toupie Hollandaise tables, was selling some Taiwanese Tuoluos and spintop tangrams:

Didier, the spinning top musician, came by on Sunday and played a little bit for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgPUIPlUmg

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2020, 07:08:54 PM »

Wow!  That is a LOT of people at a top spinning event.  Good work.  And that Didier, he can sure get some clever and interesting sounds out of that flute.  That is a totally different style than the way I play.  Very good!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up