iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: what's a spintastics torpedo?  (Read 6366 times)

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
what's a spintastics torpedo?
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:22:18 AM »

i typed torpedo in the search and found no results...
when did it begin existing?
http://www.spintastics.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=163

i don't know if i put that link in correctly.

has it been discussed? if not, do you have one? how does it play? from the description it's .3 inches less in diameter than a trompo?
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: what's a spintastics torpedo?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:08 AM »

Hi Daveid!  The Torpedo is essentially a plastic HP with a plastic cap.  the cap is a bit more elongated than a normal sidewinder cap adding to the already elongated shape of the body.  The plastic cap is the same shape as a sidewinder cap--it looks a bit longer when removeed because it is interference fit/flanged instead of having a tab slots inside.  My bad.

It plays differently than most anything I've tossed around.  Not my favorite, but interesting for a change.

You can see them/get them from the spintastics web site.

Have you been playing lately?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:29:56 AM by poptop »
Erratic Wobbler

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:13:52 AM »

i typed torpedo in the search and found no results...
One thing about the search function is that if you do it while you are in one of the sub-boards it only checks on that. To really search the board do the search on the "home" page.

Jon, Herman, Daveid . . . Tomorrow Elvis will be posting  :)

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »

Daveid!  I am exited to see you posting.  I've been reading the old board, and I'm so impressed with your range of modding and trick ingenuity.  Love your YouTube channel, too.  If you are still in KC, I live 2-1/2 hours away from you.  I'd love to meet you some time, perhaps at a KC juggling club meeting.  I have some yo-yo friends that show up there, too.

In case you haven't found it, the Torpedo is discussed here:

http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php?topic=568.0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:36:35 PM by Neff »

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »

Daveid!!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:31:23 PM »

I'm fully expecting Ralphie, Scut, Lug and Jim Schreiber to post any minute.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »

I'm fully expecting Ralphie, Scut, Lug and Jim Schreiber to post any minute.
The state of the dead is nothing to play around with. May Jim Schreiber rest in peace but his legacy live on.

and if you're not aware, Elvis is the nick name of a certain top spinner. Elvis is also a name of a bind trick shown on Duncan 'How To Be A Player' Vol.2 .(hint)

That's Okay.

love and respect every time...

Mark Magyar

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »

Most here do not associate Elvis with Blue Hawaii or Jail House Rock.  Mr. Brown is quite clearly who ta0 was referring to.
People are excited because in two short days, Jon Gates, Herman Lau, and Daveid posted, all spin top legends and forum "ghosts" if you will... or if you won't, I suppose  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:37:44 AM by Neff »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 03:41:50 PM »

:) Yes, I was referring to Steve Brown. But there was a wink to the "I saw Elvis, he is alive" thing.

Mike gives comfort to the relatives of deceased people as part of his job description (he is a Pastor) so he must know what it is appropriate when talking about the dead. Besides, he is also a huge fan of Jim.

However, I think both of you spell his last name wrong: in the documentary in which he reenacts parts of his life his name is spelled "Shreiber" not "Schreiber."

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Brown post here.
and I haven't heard from Dale Oliver in awhile either. Dale would be the person to ask about the Torpedo and some of the other changes that have happened to the Spintastics tops...

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:56 PM »

i haven't been throwing as much as i should... and i haven't been making anything for a while... i don't have the patience i did in the past, for a lot of things.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 10:03:50 PM »

Daveid...sorry you aren't throwing as much.  Hope other things are going well for you, though.  I know the economy has been hard on everyone and you mentioned before about the job thing getting in your way.  Sure hope that is settling down for you.

Jorge...it is Schreiber (with a ch) on the Oak Hills College website where they refer to him as one of the early pioneers of the school.  Maybe one of the Watts could give us some more insight.

Mark...if it bothers you about my comments (with a wink) about Jim Schreiber, out of respect to you I will not refer to him in that way again.  Although, I must admit, I don't ever remember anyone accusing me of playing with the state of the dead before.  I play with a lot of things but I never remember playing with the state of the dead.  My belief is that I don't have any power to control the dead.  But, be that as it may, my hope is that someday when I am gone people will connect my name with Ralphie, Scut and Lug and have a good laugh about me posting one of my many messages again.  I'd like to be remembered with a smile and a wink.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »

Daveid...sorry you aren't throwing as much.  Hope other things are going well for you, though.  I know the economy has been hard on everyone and you mentioned before about the job thing getting in your way.  Sure hope that is settling down for you.

Jorge...it is Schreiber (with a ch) on the Oak Hills College website where they refer to him as one of the early pioneers of the school.  Maybe one of the Watts could give us some more insight.

Mark...if it bothers you about my comments (with a wink) about Jim Schreiber, out of respect to you I will not refer to him in that way again.  Although, I must admit, I don't ever remember anyone accusing me of playing with the state of the dead before.  I play with a lot of things but I never remember playing with the state of the dead.  My belief is that I don't have any power to control the dead.  But, be that as it may, my hope is that someday when I am gone people will connect my name with Ralphie, Scut and Lug and have a good laugh about me posting one of my many messages again.  I'd like to be remembered with a smile and a wink.
Maybe Jim Schreiber's name was just mispelled on the video?

and Mike,
No Worries.
I think I now know where you're coming from. smile. wink.