iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Other Skill (toy?!) hobbies  (Read 1625 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Other Skill (toy?!) hobbies
« on: June 10, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »

Hello y'alls,

I was wondering what you guys have as other skill hobbies ? I personally love tetris :

https://youtu.be/KT9-fuDLBpY

If you are curious, I am a very bad player, I just picked up the game rougly 1 month ago. But I never was able to get to these speeds!

Anyway, floor is open, what other hobbies do you guys have ?
paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Other Skill (toy?!) hobbies
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 03:50:13 PM »

It is funny you mentioned Tetris.  I have been playing that a couple times a week for years (ever since I could play free on the internet).  I feel like it helps my reflexes as I age.  I also play pacman for the same reasons and enjoy the challenges.  I am better than I was but still nothing like these big time gamers (like my oldest son).

I also have delved a lot into music with the piano and for open mic nights I play guitar and try to sing.  My most recent diversion has been playing the melodica at open mic sessions and trying to figure out ways to accompany others.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »

I grew with this game... my tag is recorded into cyberscore,  ds tetris, standard mode, endless... sixth to reach the top... a week of play at max velocity... I was crazy...

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 04:51:42 PM »

For a long time, my biggest hobby, and the one I was best at, was buying fancy camera equipment and lugging it around on trips. I was less skilled at taking photos.

Now my biggest hobby is making tops and other working gizmos out of LEGO. I'm better at that.
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:37 PM »

I play the ukulele.  Does that count?

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:08:23 AM »

It is funny you mentioned Tetris.  I have been playing that a couple times a week for years (ever since I could play free on the internet).  I feel like it helps my reflexes as I age.  I also play pacman for the same reasons and enjoy the challenges.  I am better than I was but still nothing like these big time gamers (like my oldest son).

Nice!!! Yep, it surprisingly help with reflexes. But the other way around is true, when I was younger, I attempted at mastering TGM ( the weird tetris in the video ) and I was awful. It's a very very hard variant of tetris. Mostly due to the fact that once the piece touch the ground, you have 500ms to do "somthing" with it... and there is no hold piece and only one preview... Anyway... it's a fun but hard game :)

I grew with this game... my tag is recorded into cyberscore,  ds tetris, standard mode, endless... sixth to reach the top... a week of play at max velocity... I was crazy...

Nice, did play a lot of Tetris DS back in the days :)

For a long time, my biggest hobby, and the one I was best at, was buying fancy camera equipment and lugging it around on trips. I was less skilled at taking photos.

Now my biggest hobby is making tops and other working gizmos out of LEGO. I'm better at that.

Hehe :)

I play the ukulele.  Does that count?

Nice, yeapp that count in my book, playing an instrument takes a lot of skills :P

Cheers y'alls,
paxl

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »

I happened to catch mailman practicing once.  Here is that video....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9EfeXeggms

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »

hi all
never played tetris except mentally when i was in the dentist's waiting room ,imagining people piling on chairs in a geometric pattern >:D
as for hobbies , besides sewing and building kites for manual activity, I play bridge : with my bro simon we play "duplicates" in pairs(.//....)
when i'm in corsica it's hobbies full time : fishing , gardening,kites, cooking etc...;

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 09:32:06 PM »

I wish!! ;D

Shootist

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 01:48:14 AM »

My other Skill Hobbies are Boomerangs and Golf.  I have been playing golf for almost 40 years.  I got interested in Boomerangs when i was a child. I took boomerangs backup when i was an adult.  Golf, Boomerangs and Spin Tops are addictive hobbies.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 08:41:26 AM »

My other Skill Hobbies are Boomerangs and Golf.  I have been playing golf for almost 40 years.  I got interested in Boomerangs when i was a child. I took boomerangs backup when i was an adult.  Golf, Boomerangs and Spin Tops are addictive hobbies.

I need to find a boomerang, the idea always have thrilled me. Is it hard to pick up ?

hi all
never played tetris except mentally when i was in the dentist's waiting room ,imagining people piling on chairs in a geometric pattern >:D
as for hobbies , besides sewing and building kites for manual activity, I play bridge : with my bro simon we play "duplicates" in pairs(.//....)
when i'm in corsica it's hobbies full time : fishing , gardening,kites, cooking etc...;

jim

when can I stop working and be full time on hobbies ? :P