YES
- 8 (42.1%)
NO
- 8 (42.1%)
Won't know until close to the date
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Linked Events

• National Spin Top Championship at the Whirled Festival of To: August 24, 2019

Author Topic: National Spin Top Championship - 2019 - Miamisburg OH - August 24  (Read 22164 times)

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
Re: National Spin Top Championship - 2019 - Miamisburg OH - August 24
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 10:28:12 AM »

Sadly I will not be able to attend. I have so many work commitments in the summer. But I will see you at worlds.
I couldn’t get the poll to work for me, it just shows me results. ( maybe I already clicked no?)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 04:07:09 PM »

You will be missed, o dazzling one.  In all actuality, I am surprised we might be able to pull this off despite people traveling to Ohio twice in one month.  I do not think it is ideal but it seems to be the best we can pull together at this time.  Maybe another year we can get a bunch of us together in Atlanta or up your way in Minnesota (is that right)?  I would love to see us have nationals at the top museum some year in Burlington, Wisconsin.  Denver has a bunch of top spinners.  Where else could we meet to get people together?  Cecil in California or ta0 in Texas?

Anyway, thanks for considering Miamisburg DD!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 04:27:21 PM »

I am extremely happy as I just got an idea for my humble 2019 national freestyle.  I will use my spinning plate gifted from the CBO juggling team and see how many spin top points I can get in three minutes with a spinning plate in my hand.  I have got to be able to get more than what I did on a rip stick last year.  Here is everyone's chance to jump in and have fun competing because you will not be last.  I am going to start practicing right now!!!

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 07:10:38 AM »

You will be missed, o dazzling one.  In all actuality, I am surprised we might be able to pull this off despite people traveling to Ohio twice in one month.  I do not think it is ideal but it seems to be the best we can pull together at this time.  Maybe another year we can get a bunch of us together in Atlanta or up your way in Minnesota (is that right)?  I would love to see us have nationals at the top museum some year in Burlington, Wisconsin.  Denver has a bunch of top spinners.  Where else could we meet to get people together?  Cecil in California or ta0 in Texas?

Anyway, thanks for considering Miamisburg DD!!!

Yes, I am in Minnesota. We have a small group of top spinners. I have considered adding a spintop division for the Midwest Regional Yo-Yo Championship....but I am so busy working that event, that it is hard to add more to it!

I would love to see a larger group of players, and to get to go to Spintop Nationals again at some point, but summer is very hard for a professional entertainer. There are so many County Fairs and Library shows....it is hard to take the time off.

Hopefully in the near future we can make it work!

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 01:06:33 AM »

Hola mike espero y deseo estar en mismiburg en el nacional...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:57:48 AM by ta0 »

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 07:59:26 AM »

I know this is jumping ahead a bit as the shenanigans in Cleveland are about to begin but I'm trying to finalize plans for the annual Miamisburg trip. Will there be anything happening in Miamisburg on Friday 08/23?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »

Often, on Friday, the amazing johnm entertains folks at the mysterious physics lab at the Universe of Cincinnati.  Last year some people were going there on Sunday so they stopped by the church in the late afternoon.  More and more people showed up and then the group from johnm's completed tour arrived.  We had quite a group and quite a good time talking and looking through some of Don's collection.  Nothing was planned but it was terrific to have everyone together.  Don's collection is now mostly spread out in the hall of fame.  I am thinking about bringing some of the skittle boards and other games over for the weekend.  Long story short, if you or others would like to arrive on Friday, John Buechele and I would love to greet you and give you a warm whirling welcome.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 06:03:39 PM »

My lovely wife, Betsy, will be attending with me this year.  We will arrive sometime on Friday, and we're hoping there will be a tour with JohnM on Sunday, after church, of course.  We pass through Cincinnati on the drive to Miamisburg from Louisville, and could stop by the physics lab Friday or Sunday, whichever time JohnM is graciously offering.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 05:42:22 AM »

People are welcome to visit UC on both Friday and/or Sunday as best fits traveling plans.  Note that for past visitors there is nothing new to see, so group spinning in Miamisburg with the less frequent attendees may optimize the short time available, especially for those traveling from northish locations who would loose an hour each way (less wasteful for those from the south).

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 10:58:11 AM »

Sadly not going to be there this year.. heading west on motorcycle ... will miss ya all foresure...

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 11:05:21 AM »

Awwww.. I just check flight prices and they makes not much sence for only one day :(

It'd be rougly 700 CAD for a flight that get in on the friday , leaves on sunday & have a layover of 17h in detroit... :S
Spinning is life!!!!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 02:06:13 PM »

It turns out I am able to make it as a visitor, which I am pretty excited about. My prior event was canceled, and to be honest I am pretty happy about that hah.

johnm thanks for the gracious invitation to the University, I am not sure when I will be arriving yet so I cannot confirm if I would be able to attend. I also had the chance to try one of your tops at Worlds, it is an art piece and plays great too.

I am thinking of leaving Friday after work and driving back to Toronto on Sunday. I might be able to take Friday off, then leave Thursday. Happy to give a ride to any regular user on here that aligns with my departure time (ensure proper travel documentation, fit to cross border, no smoking in the car, no alcohol or tobacco across the border). I can do house pick-up and drop-off in Toronto if requested. I'm not sure yet where I am staying. Ideal would be to leave by car from Brampton GO station (1 train from Union Station). I will be leaving likely Friday from Brampton at 4:30 pm. Or possibly Thursday at 4:30 pm or Friday at 9 am.

Anyways, looking forward to it!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »

Wow!  A representative from Canada!!  I do not think we have ever had someone at this fest from the great north!!!  What an honor.  I guess that makes our event "international."

The weather report, as of today, says no rain on Friday or Saturday but maybe some on Sunday.  We have had a hot weekend and right now it is in the mid 90's but Friday and Saturday the weather will be much nicer with highs of 79 (Friday) and 81 (Saturday).  With evenings cooling down to the low 60's it appears to be an ideal weekend for spinning activities.  Of course, if anything changes we can always move inside.

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »

On a lark I checked flight prices to Miamisburg and for that weekend it's $57! Unfortunately, I'd have to fly out on Thursday which I can't get off. Dang!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

Wow!  57 dollars?!?!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up