iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: US Nationals 2019 anybody?  (Read 1479 times)

Kirk

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: US Nationals 2019 anybody?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 08:28:13 AM »

I'm at 10h drive time distance! Too far... + I wouldn't be allowed to compete as I'm canadian... =)
But we would smile and shake your hand! :)

Myk_Myk

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 01:42:53 PM »

Sorry, just seeing this!

Let me check on some things...

What would be the time frame for each day?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:48:30 PM by Myk_Myk »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »

We basically need an indoors place to throw on a Saturday in late June or early July, including a stage. Some space to throw Friday night and Sunday would also be nice but not required. We can be quite flexible and ITSA can help.

(I happen to be in Atlanta right now, with a long layover at the airport, going home).

Myk_Myk

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 04:30:51 PM »

OK, I think we can make this happen!

The real crux would be hours, and compensation esp. on Saturday, as that day is a big money maker for Rehearse Live. To have a Friday evening session happen, it would need to be July 5-7, as we host a Rock and Blues camp the other weeks, and their performances happen on Friday nights. Also, I help run those, so I wouldn't be able to participate, if you ended up doing Friday night elsewhere in Atlanta on another weekend.

I'm definitely willing to cut a deal as my contribution, but perhaps the details would be better hashed out off of the board? I'll PM my info, Jorge.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »

I am excited to hear about this!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 02:14:21 AM »

I'm definitely willing to cut a deal as my contribution, but perhaps the details would be better hashed out off of the board? I'll PM my info, Jorge.

hello Myk_Myk I'm sure we can work it out ;that's the goal of ITSA/the association to help events
tell us about your requirements and we will respond quickly

jim/the board
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Myk_Myk

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »

Well, I need to know hours most importantly.

I'm thinking I could maybe block off some time gratis on 7/05 and 7/07, if I could get 7/06 paid for. Things are booking up though, so a commitment may need to happen soon. I do still have that weekend open ATM.

Normally I charge $75 an hour for the room, but I could do $65. Or if it's needed for the whole day and evening, we could come up with a flat rate for the day. Then I could "throw in"  :D some time on Friday and Sunday.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »

How are those days for the competitors (so far the Alabama clan and Kirk)?
I guess because Thursday is the 4th of July holiday and Friday a "bridge", we do not necessary have to have the main event on Saturday. Friday could work well.

Shootist

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 01:10:09 AM »

We are good to go with the dates

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »

Any news about the nationals.  I am excited to see this happen.  Are we still talking about this location...……..

Rehearse Live, LLC
2365 Pleasantdale Rd
Atlanta, GA 30340

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2019, 11:48:58 AM »

Any news about the nationals.  I am excited to see this happen.  Are we still talking about this location...……..

Rehearse Live, LLC
2365 Pleasantdale Rd
Atlanta, GA 30340

Still considering it, although it's not available Saturday the 7th, only Friday the 6th of July.
I really wish there was more interest, if not to compete, at least to attend.

I miss Miamisburg  ;)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »

So sorry to hear everything is not set.  If worse comes to worse everyone is welcome to come back to the Burg the 24th of August.  We certainly still have a lot of tops to look at.  But I really want to do all I can to support Atlanta.  I just cannot go because our big giant day camp week starts then.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »

Our priority is to have the largest participation of top players possible. In consideration of this and thanks to the generosity of Mike, we are glad to announce that the:
2019 US National Spintop Contest will take place during the Miamisburg Whirled Festival of Tops, August 24th:)
Last year nats in Miamisburg was a huge success. This year it may be impacted by Worlds which takes place also in Ohio just 2 weeks prior, but we believe we will have a bigger group of players than either in Philadelphia or Atlanta.

Thanks to Myk_Myk for making available his facility in Atlanta: perhaps next year?
Thanks a lot to Mike for being the host again! I hope this announcement is a good birthday present to him!  :P It's a good present to the US spintop community!