iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Top battle in Vietnam  (Read 1182 times)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Top battle in Vietnam
« on: April 25, 2019, 11:12:07 PM »

Best tricks and best fighting in the World.
https://youtu.be/OQ1OG21udI8

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Top battle in Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 12:13:31 AM »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »

We had already discussed the first video here: Vietnamese variety, but the second one is new, posted just this February (and apparently also filmed that month). It's a great clip: the top battle is first rate!
The caption and about half of the comments are in Hmong, the rest of the comments are in Vietnamese. I'm guessing the players are Hmong.

I'm amazed at the aim: there are only 2 or 3 misses in the whole video!  :o
I looked carefully to see if the attacking top was actually spun or just thrown as a rock with a string. Most of the time the strike is too violent to tell, but there are a few instances in which the attacking top remains spinning (e.g. @1:18), so yes, it's a true top battle. There seems to be some delayed shouting in a couple of cases when a target top is expected to be dead but actually remains spinning (after bouncing on the back dirt wall.) What I wonder is if the attacking top needs to spin after the hit to count: it doesn't seem so, but it's not clear

Thanks for posting this, Cecil.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 01:43:07 PM »

To me it seems like no country wants to change there style? I have about seven trick fighters. My latest Tuolo fighter has Jose tip. Hope to make a video this weekend.