iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Batten down your top collection!  (Read 349 times)

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
Batten down your top collection!
« on: April 18, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »

Warning!

In the wake of the release of the Special Counsel's report on Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election, the National Weather Service (NWS) is predicting a Category 11 spinstorm expected to engulf the entire nation for months.

The NWS warns that there will be so much spin in the air that small spinnable objects are likely to stand up and spin on their own with erratic travel in several directions at once. As the waves of high-intensity spin radiate outward from Washington, DC at the speed of cable news, unsecured spintoys will come off their display stands and shelves at high speeds, posing significant risks to nearby objects, pets, and people in addition to the spintoys themselves.

Spin will be drawn toward particularly susceptible subjects, including top fanciers, cable news junkies, and dogs fond of chasing their tails. Avoid such concentrations when taking shelter.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:42:27 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Playing with the physical world through LEGO

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Batten down your top collection!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 02:41:29 PM »

good point!
unsecured spintoys will come off their display stands and shelves at high speeds
I wonder whether our reptilian friends will be affected by this fore-coming spin vertigo >:D

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 10:31:38 PM »

I wonder whether our reptilian friends will be affected by this fore-coming spin vertigo >:D

As the Reptilians evolved telepathy back on their home planet,  spin became pointless. But many members of the small colony now marooned here on Earth get a kick out watching us do it. Kinda like watching a quaint old sitcom.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:37:43 AM »

Oddly enough, I went to the church for our Good Friday service and when I came back one of the trees in our front yard was down.  I did not even realize there was that much wind during that hour.  I cut a bunch late into the night so cars and walkers could get by but the main trunk of the tree is still covering the sidewalk.  So, yes, there has been a lot of spin whipping around our area.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!