iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: RIT Juggle-In 2019  (Read 4662 times)

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
RIT Juggle-In 2019
« on: March 14, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »

https://ritjuggle.blogspot.com/

Anyone going this year? I'm hoping to drive over for some fun spinning things on either Saturday or Sunday.  :)
Fearless leader of the Finger Lakes Yoyo Club - PM me for info!
JRod's Yoyo Mods - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jrodsyoyomods/

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
Re: RIT Juggle-In 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »

Hi Jason,
I'll be there Friday and Saturday.
Hope to see you there!

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 06:42:59 PM »

Great to hear it! I've got a son now - he's 18 months old. Depending on his nap schedule I might bring him along so take in the festivities.  :)

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:18:59 AM »

Several of us will be there from the Rochester Juggling Club. Hope you can make it!

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »

I'll be there!  I'm flying back from Florida, specifically for Juggle-In....

SpinLynn

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 05:07:24 PM »

I'll be there! Owen plans to be there, too. We can't count him though since he's not member of the forum.  :o
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:52:51 PM by ta0 »

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 08:25:51 PM »

Owen plans to be there, too. We can't count him though since he's not member of the forum.  :o

I'm glad you two will be able to make the trip this year.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 10:54:27 PM »

Owen plans to be there, too. We can't count him though since he's not member of the forum.  :o
>:( Does he use the Internet at all?  ;D
Tell him that if he is not a member of the forum he cannot vote for your photos on the photo contest  ;)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 11:09:32 PM »

I am sad to say that life is just too crazy for me this weekend.  There is no way I can get away for the RIT fun.  I had hoped that things might work out but everything is  going the other direction.  I will miss all the friends on this forum, the old juggling friends I have and the new friends I would have made.  Maybe there will be some comments and photos from the event so I can experience the weekend vicariously.  I did talk to Larry D and Don Olney to express my regrets.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 04:40:25 PM »

The event was covered by the local FOX news station in Rochester, NY this morning in five segments.

Here's a link to the video. It was shot with just a few members of the club - Jeff Peden is the organizer and he had lots of screen time. Greg Moss, the founder of the event was interviewed, too!

https://foxrochester.com/news/good-day-rochester/rit-hosts-annual-juggle-in-starting-friday?fbclid=IwAR0QFV__7Bdtt4NrAznBUpK7Ob0kQ7aclTUbJOU4SiwmPfusbFDyxtfFexQ

In the past there has been a live stream of the event. I'm not sure if that will happen again this year. Usually other local networks show up on Saturday afternoon and include coverage as part of their broadcast that night.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »

Looks like fun. I have been working on my juggling this year. Still needs lots of work :(

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 11:26:48 AM »

Looks like I’ll only be able to be there from about 12:30 to 2:30 or so today. Hope to see some of you!

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »

Spinlynn, silver top, jneff, LarryD, mailman,jrodriguez and some really nice guy named Owen who is not on the forum were with me today at the Juggle In. It was great fun with lots of top spinning action. I gave a brief demo for the entire joint that was a spectacular disaster. The organizer held the morning show in the main gym area. I had prepared for the smaller auxiliary gym and had my tricks and patter well rehearsed. In the main gym I felt I should use a larger top for better visibility. In addition I would be relying on the MC and his microphone. I tried using a 6 inch Watts top and I happened to grab the wrong string as I went up to perform.  I couldn’t get the top spin properly. At one point the top rolled behind the curtain. I have to admit that was pretty funny. Other tricks with the smaller QSH tips worked, thankfully! Several folks told me they enjoyed my demo  though I suspect it was for reasons unrelated to my spinning prowess.

I enjoyed it even though I screwed up pretty big. I am waiting for the spin top police to arrive at my house and cut all my strings in half so I can’t spin my tops at the festival tomorrow.

At any rate, the spin top clinic that followed went OK. I promised to give anyone who took the time to learn a spinner and skyrocket a top of their own to take home. My goal was 12.  Thanks to the hard work and attention of my fellow spinners we were able to confirm that 31 people met the requirement and went home with their own Cometa top. That’s right. Thirty one! That’s more new top spinners than the number of teeth left in my head!

Thanks again to all who participated. The breakout actually lasted for several hours as other breakout started and ended. No lie. Several hours. And people approached us all day to learn!

It was a pretty good day.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »

I heard from a lunch bunch that your top spinning activities were a smashing success.  The 3 amigos said they were hustling to try to help out with all the workshop whirling.  Great work, butterfingers!  jneff, Larry D and silvertop were all impressed with your efforts.

Glad to hear so many top spinners are there!!!

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 08:39:55 PM »

Looks like I’ll only be able to be there from about 12:30 to 2:30 or so today. Hope to see some of you!

It was really good to see you today.