iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Top Reviews on Youtube  (Read 5362 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Top Reviews on Youtube
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 05:53:43 AM »

Looks like Dylan is at it again!

In the first video at about 7:54 isn’t he wrapping the string the opposite way for corkscrew? I always wrap it around the front of the top, not the back. Is it done both ways?

Yep he is. I also do it the inverse he does... ( the right way I think )
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »

Looks like Dylan is at it again!

In the first video at about 7:54 isn’t he wrapping the string the opposite way for corkscrew? I always wrap it around the front of the top, not the back. Is it done both ways?

Yep he is. I also do it the inverse he does... ( the right way I think )

Good eye!
I also do the reverse of him: clockwise on the hand. If you do it counterclockwise like him, it will be more difficult to pop out of the string or if you exit to a bind there will be and extra crossing of the string.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:48:35 AM by ta0 »

Christop

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 12:19:33 AM »

Dylan's review of the Elec-Trick is what introduced me to spin tops. I had just started throwing yo-yos again and was looking through his videos to try and find one that I might want to buy, saw the elec-trick video and went and bought a couple of imperials at my local toy store and have barely touched a yo-yo since, lol.

Myk_Myk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »

"...went and bought a couple of imperials at my local toy store and have barely touched a yo-yo since, lol."

If you're hooked on just the imperials, you really should get something better, if you haven't already!

Christop

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 12:37:25 AM »

"...went and bought a couple of imperials at my local toy store and have barely touched a yo-yo since, lol."

If you're hooked on just the imperials, you really should get something better, if you haven't already!

Oh lol yeah I've moved on from those imperials, but that was just what got me started. I have quite the top collection at this point, though the only ones I regularly throw are a Trompo Grande and a QSH as I almost exclusively throw fixed tip.