iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Worlds 2020, 2021, 2022  (Read 224 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Worlds 2020, 2021, 2022
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »

My wife is not going with me to Cleveland but she keeps bugging me about where worlds will be in 2020!!!
The World Yo-Yo Contest will be in Budapest, Hungary in 2020 and somewhere in Japan in 2021. Kanarek is trying to get the 2022 to Mexico.
The World Spintop Contest is not bound to follow the yo-yo contest, but most likely will (if it goes back to Cleveland a third time, I would definitely push for splitting and going to Mexico).

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA Jr.
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Worlds 2020, 2021, 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »

Thanks for that update.  I guess I was hinting that they seem to do so well with top spinning events in Paris that it might be something to consider.  If, somehow or someway, it ever went to Paris it would be hard to keep my wife from taking me!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 05:03:14 AM »

My wife is not going with me to Cleveland but she keeps bugging me about where worlds will be in 2020!!!
The World Yo-Yo Contest will be in Budapest, Hungary in 2020 and somewhere in Japan in 2021. Kanarek is trying to get the 2022 to Mexico.
The World Spintop Contest is not bound to follow the yo-yo contest, but most likely will (if it goes back to Cleveland a third time, I would definitely push for splitting and going to Mexico).

Not bound to be follow BUT, I do have the feeling it's easier on the organisation commitee b/c the spintop event just tag along.

This tho says to me that if I miss world this year, will be not before 2023 that I'll be able to attend. Thanks for the info ta0!
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »

I split this from the Marines thread.

Thanks for that update.  I guess I was hinting that they seem to do so well with top spinning events in Paris that it might be something to consider.  If, somehow or someway, it ever went to Paris it would be hard to keep my wife from taking me!!!
I imagine that next year Attila would want to have it in Budapest. Dawn should look into that city: it's not Paris but . . .
I'm all for a worlds in Paris, one day, if the French team is willing to host it.  :) 
But a world contest might need to be in a venue in Paris proper instead of Marines.  :-\

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 03:30:15 PM »

I imagine that next year Attila would want to have it in Budapest. Dawn should look into that city: it's not Paris but . . .
I'm all for a worlds in Paris, one day, if the French team is willing to host it.  :) 
But a world contest might need to be in a venue in Paris proper instead of Marines.  :-\
For what I guess (can't really speak for all now)
The French Team would be 100% motivated of course and the topic has been discuss briefly (for french and european contests but anyway) at Marines', but...
Moving Marines' festival would, first, be so sad, but moreover, a not negligible part of the festival budget comes from the town...
Same conclusion to Loon-plage fest, so we would have to look for subventions, sponsors etc... Which is not our cup of tea as some of you who know us can guess...  :-\
2020 French/European contest in Marines/loon-plage?  :o
2019 to 2023 let time to think about...