iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Watts' Tops available  (Read 554 times)

Watts' Tops

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
Watts' Tops available
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:45:42 PM »

Classic Watts' Tops are available and ready to be shipped.  Pricing can be found on wattstops.com web page.  I do have 4, 5 and 6 inch in stock.  Also have 4 and 5 inch ready for custom painting.  PM me for more information.  Thank you for your interest in the Watts' Top.
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA Jr.
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Watts' Tops available
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 04:12:48 PM »

Go Watts Tops!!!  Glad to hear there are some available.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

butterfingers

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:45:05 PM »

Get 'em while they're hot!
I recently ordered from Mr. Watts and received #360 - just about the luckiest number that a top could have!

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 06:16:40 PM »

I still need to get one at some point!!! Possibly before summer... A 5 or 6 incher!!! This will be scary!!! 😎
Spinning is life!!!!

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »

I was thinking about modifying one of the Cecil's cheap top from ebay but then I do think about grabbing one Watt... For just general regenration play, what's recommended, a 4 incher or a 5 inchers? I presume the weight goes up like crazy when we pass from 4 to 5 to 6 ?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »

I was thinking about modifying one of the Cecil's cheap top from ebay but then I do think about grabbing one Watt... For just general regenration play, what's recommended, a 4 incher or a 5 inchers? I presume the weight goes up like crazy when we pass from 4 to 5 to 6 ?
Yes, it does.

These are my Watts' tops:
Watts' top #271, 3.7" : 0.240 kg
Watts' top #214, 4.3" : 0.735 kg
Watts' top #63, 8.0": 2.040 kg

In theory it should go up with the cube of the dimensions.
This doesn't hold too well for these tops as #214 uses a much heavier wood and jumbo tip and #63 is made of a light wood.
But for two tops with identical material and shape, a 5" should weigh close to double a 4" and a 6" should weigh 3.4 times more than a 4 incher.

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 05:04:51 AM »

Watts' top #271, 3.7" : 0.240 kg
Watts' top #214, 4.3" : 0.735 kg
Watts' top #63, 8.0": 2.040 kg

Thanks for then info and the weight range! 250g is managable I guess... 750 another ball game and 2KG is for warriors I'm sure!

Watts' Tops

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 10:02:30 AM »

A bit of help on weight directly from the Top.  (Watts' Tops that is)
All my recent Watts' Tops are made of basswood.  This is a light yet durable wood.  Some of the former weights were, perhaps, different woods which would up the weight.
I will not be home until the end of March so all orders will have to wait until that time.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience but Bev and I have gone South for the rest of the winter.

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 10:24:06 AM »

All my recent Watts' Tops are made of basswood.  This is a light yet durable wood.  Some of the former weights were, perhaps, different woods which would up the weight.
I will not be home until the end of March so all orders will have to wait until that time.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience but Bev and I have gone South for the rest of the winter.

No worries, the wife's wallet will be happy :) But yeah I'll order you a 4 incher when you are back. Cheers
paxl

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 07:41:43 AM »

When is your winter completing Mr. Watt :) I am still undecided If I want a 4 or a 5 incher :)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 11:21:15 AM »

My 2 cents.  I have a 4" and a 6"  The 6" is a novelty.  The 4" gets played more and is more fun.   It is plenty heavy to pull the string from you when regenerating.  Not so heavy to make my shoulders hurt afterward.

Watts' Tops

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »

For my Watts' Tops friends.  Winter is over (hopefully) and I am home.  Have a few Watts' Tops available now and am getting ready to make some more.   :)

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »

For my Watts' Tops friends.  Winter is over (hopefully) and I am home.  Have a few Watts' Tops available now and am getting ready to make some more.   :)

Yay, Keep me a 4 inch hot :) Being between house, I'll make you an order next month! Anyway, your top strike me more of outside tops and right now there is still snow outside :)