iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: wild dreams and more!!!  (Read 133 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
wild dreams and more!!!
« on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »

I looked up "dreams" in the different sections of this board but it appears that the use of dreams is always in connection with "hopes" and future "plans".  In a his thread I would like to talk about real life sleeping dreams.  When I woke up this morning I had a pretty good one!!!

I was at some out of town event and trying to explain to someone about people I know.  In the course of the conversation we got talking about air travel and space travel.  I pointed out that I know a guy who has been working on going to the moon. He has been making calculations and has been building his own rocket.  It has been something he has worked on for years and knows it will take many many more years but he doesn't seem to mind and keeps at it.  His name is Jorge Alcoz.  As we talked some more I eventually pointed out that I also knew one guy who had already been to the moon.  He is into some of that stuff and likes to travel.  His name is Jon Gates.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: wild dreams and more!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »

This is a weird coincidence. Although I'm aware that I have dreams every night, I don't generally pay attention to them when I wake up and very seldom are they about tops. But just today I woke up in the middle of a long an elaborate dream related to tops. It was about Cyril's collection. Although he lives in a large house, in my dream it was a much larger old castle. The collection was below the ground level, instead of the second floor. There were many visitors exploring the castle, which had many surprises, although the whole thing doesn't make sense (dream logic). I guess it was prompted by Lassanske's collection video and my recent visit to El Castillo de Piria. But perhaps also it's due to guilt as a new Marines festival is coming up and I never posted a video from my visit to Cyril a year ago. Perhaps I can make one before Marines about his Toupie Hollandaise tables  . . .

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »

I thought you were going to say the weird coincidence was that you were, indeed, building a rocket to go to the moon!!!

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »

I thought you were going to say the weird coincidence was that you were, indeed, building a rocket to go to the moon!!!

Speaking of wild dreams and personal moon rockets...

http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,5616.0.html
Playing with the physical world through LEGO

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »

I do dream I one day can save enough money to pay my ticket in a rocket to the Moon or Mars. Enough for a round trip ticket, that is!  ;D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 06:05:06 PM »

Ah ha!!!  I was waiting for that.  I figured a trip like this was right up your alley.  I wondered if you were going to confess it or not!!!

I wanted to start this dream thread because every once in a while I have a crazy spin top themed dream and I am wondering if others also have them.  My guess is that Ketzaltlipoka has had some.  I must admit, I had a number of disturbing dreams while first unpacking Don's collection.  I am doing better with that now but I am trying to remember some of them for your entertainment?