Trading, buying, selling > What you want, what you have

Auction of Daniel Lassanske's collection

(1/6) > >>

ta0:

--- Quote ---Hello spinning top enthusiasts! My name is Paula Bennett. Many of you here know of my father, Dan Lassanske and a few of you have met him and experienced his passion for spinning tops first hand or have seen his spinning top collection...

In April of 2018, my father was diagnosed with brain lymphoma. Sadly, he passed away in late October. Among other things, he left his collection of spinning tops (and related memorabilia) to my sister and I. Though we both enjoy spinning tops and will always have fond memories of visiting "The Top Room," neither of us share the same level of enthusiasm that my father had for spinning tops, nor do either of us have the space to devote to such a large collection, so after much deliberation, we have decided to sell the collection (with the exception of a couple of pieces that hold special places in our hearts). My father would have wanted the items in his collection to end up in the hands of people who shared his love of spinning tops, so I felt that this forum full of spinning top collectors/enthusiasts would be the best venue for disseminating my father's vast collection of tops and related memorabilia to the folks who share his passion.c

His collection is HUGE (as those of you who have seen it can attest to) and it is not catalogued in any way. Due to this, I have decided to make a video of the entire collection (a link to the video is posted below) and host a best and final auction. To participate in the auction, I am requesting that you either send a personal message with a screen shot of the item(s) that you are interested in along with a detailed description of the item or send a personal message listing the exact time that the item is visible in the video along with a description of the item. In addition, the best price you are willing to pay for that item. At the conclusion of the “auction” on Sunday, March 31st you will be contacted if your offer is the highest and arrangements will be made for payment and shipping. You will be responsible for the exact shipping charges via USPS Priority mail and I will send you an invoice via PayPal by April 19th.

Compared to that of my father (and undoubtedly many here), my knowledge regarding tops is admittedly limited, so if there are any here that might be able to educate me on some of the pieces in the collection, that would be greatly appreciated as well. I also don’t live in the area of his collection so if you have additional questions or need further pictures of specific tops there may be a delay in getting back to you. I will make a point of returning to his collection several times over the next few months to take detailed pictures as they pertain to your questions.

If there are any collectors who don't regularly visit this forum that any of you know of and can contact, I would appreciate it if those of you who know them could reach out to them as well.

Dismantling this collection that my father was so proud of brings me no joy and is a very sad task but it does make me happy to know that the items will end up in the hands of people who share my father's love of spinning tops and will cherish them as he did.

Take care,

Paula Bennett

pbennett (AT) gmx.com

916-601-1419

Video Link:

--- End quote ---

ta0:
The video is over one hour long. I suggest you put some background music and set the youtube video to 1.5x speed. Keep a paper and pencil handy to write down the time stamps of what interests you. It's worth watching and a unique opportunity for collectors.

Renee:
Where is the collection located/or where will it be shipped from?

butterfingers:
Hey, Renee. I wondered the same thing. I think it's in California.

ta0:
The collection is in the hills close to Atascadero, California.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version