iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Graffiti and N8 from Trompos Space  (Read 506 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Graffiti and N8 from Trompos Space
« on: June 05, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »

On my visit to Valencia I finally got some tops I was missing from Trompos Space.

The Graffiti is really unique and beautiful:

And it's not only great to the eyes but to the touch: it has a rubbery clear coating that feels nice. This surface finish seems perfect for snap start, but the top has a bearing tip.
On the other hand, trapezes landed on the body lose some noticeable speed and when it falls on the side on the floor it tends to shoot out.
The body of the top is the same as that of a Jupiter, and the inscribed tip is that of the metal line. The "certificate of authenticity" says that only 8,000 units will be produced (mine is in the low 2000s). A terrific collector's top (each pattern is unique).

The N8 top has the design of a pool ball number 8 and it's an homage of one of the wooden tops with the same design that the company made in the beginning.

It also has the rubbery coating but the body is that of a Saturn. It also came with a certificate that says it's one of 8000 that will be produced. But also says that the rest of the pool ball numbers will be produced eventually, with only 3000 white cue balls (I guess sales will have to increase significantly before those are produced).

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
Re: Graffiti and N8 from Trompos Space
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »

That Graffiti is a work of art! Available in US?

Addendum: Yes. For example, $35 from walmart.com of all places.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:53:32 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Playing with the physical world through LEGO

paxl13

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »

I think yoyosam have some too!
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:12:07 PM »

I just remembered that we had previously discussed a Dylan Kowalski "unboxing" of the Graffiti.

Javier also gave me a Mega Gold pack. Here is the unboxing video by Dylan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC9UNKSmjqs

He shows the secret present that is mentioned on the cover of the box: the black bag with the logo.
He does not realize that the branded pen is there to do a specific spintop trick, the Giraboli.
The pack is not inexpensive but I heard that it sold well this Christmas in Spain.

Because it was too big to fit in my suitcase, I took it with me as my "personal item". I walked through several airports holding the box as some sort of attache case  :D I imagine most people must have thought that it was a present I have bought for a kid :D A couple of people asked me about it while waiting on lines.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 01:43:20 AM »

I imagine most people must have thought that it was a present I have bought for a kid :D

I think it was a present for a kid.

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »

I was hoping he would demonstrate:

"The top of Space range with new concept NEON (tops can store light energy during hours) for play in the dark is not only an option, but an entirely new experience."

Sounds like something glows in the dark!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 03:34:35 PM »

Diz: we discussed the NEON tops here: New models of Trompos Space

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »

Diz: we discussed the NEON tops here: New models of Trompos Space

Names of each of these for shopping purposes? As a glowing top addict, I must have at least the middle one.

Anyone know how long they take to reach max brightness under normal indoor lighting? Under blacklight?

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 08:19:28 PM »

Those are beautiful. I can't resist a glow-in-the-dark top either, my first being a Prowler Wizzzer. I wonder if they use the newer strontium aluminate to glow?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 08:44:04 PM »

Names of each of these for shopping purposes? As a glowing top addict, I must have at least the middle one.
From left to right: Pegasus Neon, Jupiter Neon and Mercurio Neon. In this case the first two were Roller (bearing tip).
I don't know if you can get the transparent Jupiter Neon without buying the Mega Gold Pack (you'll get the 3, except that the Mercurio will be replaced by a Neptuno).
The Mercurio/Neptuno only has the phosphorescent particles in the crown.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:24:20 AM »

From left to right: Pegasus Neon, Jupiter Neon and Mercurio Neon. In this case the first two were Roller (bearing tip).
I don't know if you can get the transparent Jupiter Neon without buying the Mega Gold Pack (you'll get the 3, except that the Mercurio will be replaced by a Neptuno).
The Mercurio/Neptuno only has the phosphorescent particles in the crown.

Thanks, ta0! Will probably go with the Mercurio Neon for now, though I'd eventually like to try a Jupiter with adjustable CM height.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »

Very nice.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro