iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Share your latest spintop acquisition!!  (Read 595 times)

butterfingers

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
Re: Share your latest spintop acquisition!!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »

I arrived home after passing Christmas with family and I found this surprise gift waiting for me.
Thanks a lot, butterfingers!

I sent a few tops this year to folks who have been a significant part of my spin top life. If I hadn't met you at RIT a few years back I would not be spinning tops today...and if I had more addresses I would have sent a few more! It was a modest gift, but more fun to send than just a card. Best wishes for a happy 2019, Tao. Thank you for all you do for the top spinning community.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 10:29:19 AM »

I couldn't resist, of course, and I played with it. It works very well.

It's scary that a top of this size that requires at least 5 injection molded cavities (and 2 or 3 different plastics), assembly with several screws, a battery, LED, centrifugal switch, can have a retail price in the US of less than $2.  :o

mailman

• ITSA
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »

I, too, received a top for Christmas!  I was fortunate enough to be gifted a top that had been featured in another thread on this forum.    Do you remember the handmade Delrin top that has the beautiful blue hand-dyed pattern on the body that Jospin made?

It's mine!  It's mine!  My favorite Christmas gift this year!  Thanks, butterfingers!!

Jospin

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »

I, too, received a top for Christmas!  I was fortunate enough to be gifted a top that had been featured in another thread on this forum.    Do you remember the handmade Delrin top that has the beautiful blue hand-dyed pattern on the body that Jospin made?

It's mine!  It's mine!  My favorite Christmas gift this year!  Thanks, butterfingers!!
Ha ha, very nice gift (if I do say so myself ;)).  I've turned another one and will probably be dyeing it this weekend, hopefully all goes well.

Pepe

• ITSA
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 06:02:54 AM »

Thanks for sharing!!

Im loving your tops, so much variety!!

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »

Do you remember the handmade Delrin top that has the beautiful blue hand-dyed pattern on the body that Jospin made?

You bet -- I wanted it just for the looks! Glad it found a good home. Please let us know how it plays.
Playing with the physical world through LEGO