iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Ordered 3d Printer  (Read 910 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Ordered 3d Printer
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 08:37:19 PM »

How long did it take you to build your machine?

I started Friday night and finished Sunday afternoon, but I didn't do it full time. I guess about 12 to 14 hours.
It comes with nice assembly instructions with photographs, but you can also go to the website and see high resolution images of all the assembly steps.
A couple of things are a little weird, but I would say it was better than IKEA instructions. I got the axes perfectly squared on the first try. But you have to be careful when tightening the screws on the 3D printed parts: I started to break the seat of a screw. Fortunately, it was of no consequence and if I wanted I could print and replace the part  :)

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »

I've also spend last days experimenting with this "new" tech...
A whole new world is opening in front of our eyes! ::)

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:48 PM »

Hey ta0! Nice print! Did you print it crown down? I just got a 3d printer too, one of the ender 3's and I was thinking I needed to print a top too :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 12:12:54 AM »

Hey ta0! Nice print! Did you print it crown down? I just got a 3d printer too, one of the ender 3's and I was thinking I needed to print a top too :)

Yes, I printed it crown down. I didn't print any support and I was surprised of my success as the shoulder flairs close to horizontal. I'm not sure what would happen if I tried again or with a different material.

You got a second printer? The Ender 3 looks similar (not identical) to a Prussa but the price is amazing!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:17:38 AM by ta0 »
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up