iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: $1.67 Spin Tops  (Read 331 times)

Dick Stohr

• Hyperhero member
$1.67 Spin Tops
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:57 PM »

Has anyone else seen this on Amazon.com
Trenro Accurate Spinning Top Inception Totem Zinc Alloy Silver Vintage Toy The Perfect Balance Between Performance and Beauty for Gift
by Trenro
4.3 out of 5 stars    10 customer reviews 
#1 Best Sellerin Spinning Tops
Price:   $1.69 & FREE Shipping
Practice hard and play safe.

Christop

Re: $1.67 Spin Tops
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »

Might have to pick up one of these at that price. Can't be worse than most tops I'd buy in the dollar store.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:38:05 PM »

I did not see that.  $1.67!!!  Wow.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

Hades

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »

I have a few tops in that shape from forever spin. Polished Stainless steel, Titanium, Damascus, green  aluminum, Copper, and a few others I can't remember. For $1.69 that's a steal I will be picking up one of these

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »

That not only includes free shipping, but also a storage can (that says: "Your mind is the scene of a crime"), plus a dice:

That price is scary, if you want to manufacture tops. Just shipping by regular mail in the US would cost more, and these ship directly from China!  :o It's a mystery how they could make money (unless it's just a money laundering operation). But Forever Spin has done well selling a similar shaped top for a lot of more money, as Hades can attest.

paxl13

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 07:32:54 AM »

That not only includes free shipping, but also a storage can (that says: "Your mind is the scene of a crime"), plus a dice:

That price is scary, if you want to manufacture tops. Just shipping by regular mail in the US would cost more, and these ship directly from China!  :o It's a mystery how they could make money (unless it's just a money laundering operation). But Forever Spin has done well selling a similar shaped top for a lot of more money, as Hades can attest.

I want one.. but bad canada!!! :)

Jeremy McCreary

• Hyperhero member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 03:36:42 PM »

It's a mystery how they could make money (unless it's just a money laundering operation). But Forever Spin has done well selling a similar shaped top for a lot of more money, as Hades can attest.

Agree, these impossibly priced top are part of a nefarious plot, and I think I know what it is.

...bad canada!!!

It's worse than you think.

The old metal filling in my lower left wisdom tooth picks up radio transmissions now and then. Most seem to be messages between a mother ship from Zargon IV and agents here on the ground. (I gather that they think we taste like chicken.) But one transmission last December really caught my attention. By turning my head side to side, I could tell that it came from the direction of Toronto, home of ForeverSpin, and the largest city in Canada -- America's latest and most dastardly enemy.

With the only Captain Midnight Secret Decoder Ring left in civilian hands, I listened in on a top-secret negotiation between ForeverSpin executives and Canadian military officials. Their evil scheme: To place cheap mind-control tops in as many American pockets as possible. These would send impulses up the femoral nerve to the brain, leaving the unsuspecting victim with an insatiable lust for Canadian metals -- no matter how high the tariff-driven US prices might go. The mind-control tops would be shipped through China to disguise their true origin and would be most effective in the same pocket or purse with another mind-control device already ubiquitous in the US -- the smartphone.

Most Americans still think of Canadians as goody two-shoes, but we should have known better. The Dudley Do-Right cartoons tried to warn us of their treachery 60 years ago. The arch-villain Snidely Whiplash wasn't just one bad apple. They're all like that! (Except for Dudley and Nell, of course.) >:D

I'll let myself out...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:13:26 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Playing with the physical world through LEGO

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 11:00:14 PM »

My two cents worth is the two cents worth difference in the price.  I see $1.67 some places and $1.69 other places!!!

Christop

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 01:23:15 PM »

I ordered two of these and they are showing as on the way but will take a month or longer to get here.  So it goes for that price but I'll probably forget about them before they show up so I look forward to the surprise, lol.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
PRICE REDUCTION!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 02:08:45 PM »

ATTENTION: PRICE REDUCTION!!! Just $1.63!  >:D

Jeremy: your explanation of the low price is as good as anything I can think of!  :-\
Or perhaps the Chinese government is just dumping these tops to bankrupt Forever Spin and take over the finger top market!  :P

vegabomb

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »

Lol I saw the new price! I ordered two! I really don’t see how it’s worth anyone’s time to make advertise sell and ship these for that price. I assumed there was going to be a 20 or 30 top minimum but no.

Jeremy McCreary

• Hyperhero member
    • MOCpages
Re: PRICE REDUCTION!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »

Jeremy: your explanation of the low price is as good as anything I can think of!  :-\
Or perhaps the Chinese government is just dumping these tops to bankrupt Forever Spin and take over the finger top market!  :P

No fun ascribing things to ignorance or incompetence when you can make up scary conspiracy theories instead! And people on the internet will believe them! What could possibly go wrong?

paxl13

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 07:49:42 AM »

It's a mystery how they could make money (unless it's just a money laundering operation). But Forever Spin has done well selling a similar shaped top for a lot of more money, as Hades can attest.

Agree, these impossibly priced top are part of a nefarious plot, and I think I know what it is.

...bad canada!!!

It's worse than you think.

The old metal filling in my lower left wisdom tooth picks up radio transmissions now and then. Most seem to be messages between a mother ship from Zargon IV and agents here on the ground. (I gather that they think we taste like chicken.) But one transmission last December really caught my attention. By turning my head side to side, I could tell that it came from the direction of Toronto, home of ForeverSpin, and the largest city in Canada -- America's latest and most dastardly enemy.

With the only Captain Midnight Secret Decoder Ring left in civilian hands, I listened in on a top-secret negotiation between ForeverSpin executives and Canadian military officials. Their evil scheme: To place cheap mind-control tops in as many American pockets as possible. These would send impulses up the femoral nerve to the brain, leaving the unsuspecting victim with an insatiable lust for Canadian metals -- no matter how high the tariff-driven US prices might go. The mind-control tops would be shipped through China to disguise their true origin and would be most effective in the same pocket or purse with another mind-control device already ubiquitous in the US -- the smartphone.

Most Americans still think of Canadians as goody two-shoes, but we should have known better. The Dudley Do-Right cartoons tried to warn us of their treachery 60 years ago. The arch-villain Snidely Whiplash wasn't just one bad apple. They're all like that! (Except for Dudley and Nell, of course.) >:D

I'll let myself out...

HILARIOUS.. yeah I should stop being cheap & buy a forever spin indeed but cheap I am. saving my penny when the opportunity to buy a giant top. destroyers of the worlds comes!!!