iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• World Spintop Contest - Cleveland: August 07, 2019 - August 10, 2019

Author Topic: 2019 World Contest  (Read 20044 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: 2019 World Contest
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2019, 12:33:04 AM »

Very cool!  Must one attend in order to buy a t-shirt?
Not at all! This will be a fundraiser for ITSA. But those coming to worlds will get it delivered at the event without shipping costs.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »

Woooooo nice

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »

Booked my room today.

Jorge, do you need help judging or would you rather I compete?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2019, 03:53:53 PM »

Booked my room today.

Jorge, do you need help judging or would you rather I compete?
Great!  :)

I would rather have you compete. Dale and I will judge. Also Val if she doesn't feel ready to compete.

Although not yet registered, I expect some Colombians and also Cuper's team to compete.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 03:55:47 PM »

If a person was going to attend World's as a spectator, does all the spin top competition happen on Saturday?  What would experienced attendees suggest are must see events.  I'm trying to figure out what days to buy passes for, and how many nights I'll need accommodations.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2019, 10:55:30 AM »

If a person was going to attend World's as a spectator, does all the spin top competition happen on Saturday?  What would experienced attendees suggest are must see events.  I'm trying to figure out what days to buy passes for, and how many nights I'll need accommodations.
The spintop finals are scheduled for Friday at 4:30 PM (https://cleveland2019.com/schedule/).
The day of the freestyles the competitors are generally concentrated on practicing and it's not the best time to interact with them. But as the freestyles finish early there will be plenty of mingling afterwards.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »

The spintop finals are scheduled for Friday at 4:30 PM (https://cleveland2019.com/schedule/).
The day of the freestyles the competitors are generally concentrated on practicing and it's not the best time to interact with them. But as the freestyles finish early there will be plenty of mingling afterwards.
I only want to watch the competitions.  Also, I'm considering bringing my grandson (14 yr old) to watch some of the yo-yo competitions. It's hard to figure out exactly how the whole thing works having never been there.  I did find some info on what all the classes 1A, 4A, etc stand for on a different site. 
"1A is String tricks with one yoyo.
2A is Looping with two yoyos.
3A is string tricks with two yoyos.
4A is offstring, the yoyo comes off the string.
5A is freehand, the string is not tied to your finger."
And, I've watched some of the videos.  Still feel unprepared, but I guess that's part of the first experience of worlds.  If the spin top finals are at 4:30 on Friday, are there preliminary rounds?  Is the spin top competition solely a free style?  Is there also a ladder competition?  All questions from a newbie with no clue.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:46:21 PM by Renee »

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2019, 02:53:45 AM »

hello Renée
the Board is at work to prepare worlds,
 Jose will soon post a program/schedule for friday and saturday
in addition to the main competition on friday ,
we are working on a list of events so we can say when and where they will happen.
 we should do a ladder for beginners,a battle top contest,
 some sort of challenge (corkscrew),
and possibly a best/new trick challenge :
 the idea is to inspire creativity and trick development.
spintop contest : no qualifying round except if the number of entrants is over 10
duration 3mn : freestyle on music
yoyo:if you watch all the semi finals on friday you won't be disappointed
on saturday the highlights will be 1A and 2A finals and AP

be ready for fun fun fun

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2019, 08:00:03 AM »

Thanks Jim, that was helpful.  I will keep an eye out for the program/schedule from Jose.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »

Renee,
Being there for the Saturday finals is a must. IMHO 4A is one of the best to watch but all are great. As ta0 said before, Friday will be devoted to the spintop finals and practice. I want to schedule some of the spintop events for Thursday but possibly we could do some things on Friday as well. A beginner trick ladder Friday morning sounds good to me. You should do it if your going. The trick ladder is to get people in the community that aren't ready for the stage performance involved.  I was disappointed we didn't have a ladder for the last nationals. We had plenty of beginner players. I don't want that to happen again so please consider doing the ladder.
I will be bringing my 10 and 9 year olds. I want them to participate. They can play the battles and possibly the ladder. Even if they get two tricks it's something.
When I have a schedule I will post it here.

Jose

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2019, 12:04:16 AM »

Wow!!!  4.0 earthquake in Cleveland was reported today. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »

A beginner trick ladder Friday morning sounds good to me. You should do it if your going. The trick ladder is to get people in the community that aren't ready for the stage performance involved.  I was disappointed we didn't have a ladder for the last nationals. We had plenty of beginner players. I don't want that to happen again so please consider doing the ladder.
Would you have to register as a competitor to do the ladder, or is registration only for freestyle stage performers?

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 09:57:37 PM »

No registration for the ladder as far as I know. The online registration is just for stage competitors.

Softspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »

I cannot find name of hotel. Also if I end up going will be looking to throw tops for the fun of it with the many people that will be there.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 01:33:53 PM »

Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
https://cleveland2019.com/hotel
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up