iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vote for best spinning top photo of the year!

Author Topic: eyyc 2010 Froggy s yoyo and SPINTOP throws  (Read 3370 times)

Lapin

eyyc 2010 Froggy s yoyo and SPINTOP throws
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:16:49 AM »

Hello spinning friends !!!

I've made a little edit of the french participation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ev7cOoJURM

I made no podium eventhough everybody told me I was to be the winner... but I made no regen. The three podiumers used regen and performed under arm and leg tricks.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun that day (sorry about the gum i'm chewing, I totally blanked on that one, I didn' remember I had one, I look likle a very relaxed caw !!!).

Watch till the end and you'll see one of the rarest stage artefact ;)

Enjoy and give me some tips

Finally, I wish to thanx again our world class master Tao for giving me the rolex I bare in my hand. Thank you a lot Jorge, you gave me spare time to enjoy my throws.

kevinm

Re: eyyc 2010 Froggy s yoyo and SPINTOP throws
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:21:55 AM »

Hello Lapin!
excellent, thank you for posting!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »

I liked the pirouette to behind-the-back trapeze combo, but doing it with the lights out was extreme!  :P
Seriously, I imagine you got to repeat the throw.

Thanks for sharing the video. Great job! It was also nice to see Clement: he is a beast with the yo-yo but you should push him to do more tops. I also saw Hadrien yo-yo freestyle and it was very clean: the judges were not very kind to the French, it seems.

I think the QuickSilver plays better if you replace the crown for the plastic crown of a Trompo Grande (I don't recall if I also sent  you one of those). It will also make it lighter, specially for those knee bounces (ouch!) Perhaps, some of your tricks took too long: for scoring you need shorter tricks. But what you really need is to start regenerating! Challenge Jim and Clement and you will be doing it sooner than you think.

edit:

By the way, I don't see why you had a problem saying: "Str? prst skrz krk"  ???  ::)
But I agree with Hadrien that it is not a very useful phrase to know.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:14:03 PM by ta0 »

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

Cool, Lapin!  You make the 13th floor more like the 32nd as high as you reach!  I like that cross-hand gyro flop, too.  Did they turn the lights out on you on purpose?  What for?

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »

nice ! but it's true that long tricks do not pay..///
thanx 4 ze vid 8)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Lapin

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 05:35:05 AM »

Hi to you all, topspinners.

Tao, I've tried to remove the silver crown to replace it with the plastic crown but It's way to stuck and I don't want to break it. These tops have a meaning to me.

About the competion headlines, I didn't knew them until 5 min after the competion ;) ;) ;) I should have read the rules by myself. But I never read the rules, not even for yoyos. My bad. But again, it gave me the opportunity to have more fun, which... believe me is the most important to me.
I though that the three throws were to be "added" to have a general final result... and so, I decided to bet on clean and fresh move. Eventhough I can do some regen (max 4 in a row and with a bearing tip... thus, pointless ;) ), my regen level is way inapropriate yet for stage purpose. Beside, I do not see the point of regenerating during a competition if it is only to pull out one trick out of 4 regen.... it's time consuming and boring after a short time... but it enable you to increase scoring, . The only motivation i have to learn regen is to be able to use it as a full trick and perform hardcore moves. Otherwise, I find it quickly pointless.

I come from yoyo and I'm a 1A player. So, I'm more used to rely on a bearing than a fixed axle. It's two different families.

It was nice still.

Neff: No they didn't switch off intentionaly on me...  hopefully. There was a lot of sound problem during this event. I had the only 100% blackout. dang ! They let me do again my 3rd throw after... logical. I made a single 6turn corckscrew (the other made 4 turn max) and succeed. Rad cool it was.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »

Dear Lapin,

Great to see you compete and have a good time.  You are making wonderful progress with your top spinning.  I still have fond memories of walking the Paris streets with you and watching you yo-yo like crazy.  It was the city wide day of music in Paris and we also listened to a rock group singing such great songs as "Born to be Savage" (Savage is French for "wild") and Johnny B. Goode (with the chorus of allez, Johnny, allez).  I love the French versions of American rock songs!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 09:46:39 AM »

Oh, your QS has a frozen cap? Unfortunately I don't know of a good way of freeing it. It may have to stay like that.

Trust me, after you start to regen you'll love it. If you meet Pulp this summer at Sigy (or Paris?), make him give you tips on regenerating: he already has taught a few kids to do it.