iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Report from Shanghai worlds 2018  (Read 15872 times)

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
Re: Report from Shanghai worlds 2018
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2018, 02:01:07 PM »

and the trick that Taka Hasegawa missed for those who were wondering what he was trying to do...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:06:51 PM by Mark Magyar »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 02:37:09 PM »

I love Taka.  Thanks for posting that last video of him and his training session.  I am hoping to get a closer look at the other vids this afternoon!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »

This style and little tops? It's time for my nap. It's time to start thinking BIG BIG AND BIGGER. There are so many bowl makers on you tube you would think they would love to make something different and make some money at it. I LOVE ALL THE TOP I HAVE. And even the little ones. But when you go out side it's time for a four inch top. Big top ==== BIG FUN, BIG SMILE. P.S I finished the eight string maker it's better than the six. They both are a complete waste of time. The four driver works on them but six and eight are GARBAGE. Now I'm going to make a four driver with the Knex big gears. I'm trying to make line for my big tops. The Knex is perfect if you put a Delrin rod in the center with a wood screw, and apply C.A glue to the joints. I am having so much fun. Thanks Mr. Neff.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »

Amazing! Love Kanta style and energy!
Taka 's new skill toy looks great!
Congrats to all of you, nice contest!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 06:56:03 PM »

My connection in Shanghai is too slow to watch the videos and I missed quite a bit of the feestyles while I prepared my tops. But I heard that the two judges gave Ju first place .  .  .

It's incredible that we have a 12 year old champion! This should be great for the future of tops/koma in Japan. Should get young kids interested. In fact, Nobu, Taka's son, was already challenging Kanta  >:D Will the Japanese be dominant in another skill toy in the future?  :D Unfortunately, we probably missed the opportunity to impress the Chinese.

Kanta and Ju belong to the Nagoya koma museum club (also Ko learned from Mr. Fujita). They told me that they meet once a month. Ju has performed at festivals. Kanta does shows with his older brother (Noboku?). At the recent Japanese nationals, in the open category, Ju was 4th, Kanta was 3rd, Kanta's brother was 2nd and, of course, Takechan was 1st. Unfortunately, Kanta's brother cannot fly because some heart problem. By the way, their father is a fast learner: he started to practice some tricks he saw me do and Kanta hasn't done yet with a koma.

Myk_Myk

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 10:25:30 PM »

Sorry, I don't make it over here too often!  :(

I really enjoyed seeing the tops as usual. However as usual I felt a good bit of anxiety watching them. So many missed tricks, and so frantic!

That rushed pace to get in as many elements as possible in 3 minutes, seems so contrary to the nature of top play. I wish the format could be changed.

Didn't someone suggest a taking turns type of format? Each player could get X amount of time to complete one trick or combo, and then the next player would get a turn for x number of rounds. IDK, just seems like top competition should be handled differently than yo-yo competition.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:28:10 PM by Myk_Myk »

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »

2018 is the year of the Koma. It is nice to have a skilled young player .
We need to get more young players started in the US. If not ta0's prediction about a Japanese takeover could be real in a few years.

tkunkel

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »

Thanks for posting the videos, they were fun to watch.  Great job to everyone who competed.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2018, 01:46:49 AM »

I'm on the plane waiting for departure. Many more things to report when I get back.
Another memorable spintop trip!

Myk_Myk

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »

2018 is the year of the Koma. It is nice to have a skilled young player .
We need to get more young players started in the US. If not ta0's prediction about a Japanese takeover could be real in a few years.

Is there any other skill toy as diverse as the the spin top!? Watching the worlds competitions over the years, and witnessing how different the overall look is depending on where the contests are held, really highlights that.

I find it so interesting how cosmopolitan spin tops are; while having such differences geographically, and perhaps culturally in their developments.

Maybe one day we'll see more even representation of many of the different types at one contest.

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »

muchas gracias por compartir los videos  y por el informe   si creo que tao tiene  razon   hoy en  japon despues de ver  la habilidad de  el juego  y que  han elevado  su nivel   a  un grado superior  de verdad  gracias  tao   y   a todos  por  mantener esto  de clase  mundial pero   si echamos    mas  ganas  podremos  enfrentarnos   con un nivel superior  y se pondria  sabrosa   la  competencia pienso que falto  la precencia de muchas estrellas

Thank you very much for sharing the videos and for the report if I think that Tao is right today in Japan after seeing the skill of the game and that they have raised their level to a higher degree of truth thanks Tao and everyone for keeping this world class but if we throw more desire we can face a higher level and the competition would be tasty

TROMPO MEXICO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up