iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Turbo iron silver top  (Read 4689 times)

Hades

Turbo iron silver top
« on: July 25, 2018, 08:36:48 PM »

Has anyone ever get the chance to play with one if the Turbo Iron Silver tops? I'm thinking about getting one. I missed out on the yyf acrobat, bulldog, and lots of others since I got in the game so early. Are they worth hunting down if I can find them? I really like the short circuit right now. It's funny because I have sooo many other tops that will put that one to shame, but I just seem to throw it the best ( probably because I'm not afraid to mess it up lol ). Is there a metal top like the short circuit? Or at least one with a metal tip?

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: Turbo iron silver top
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:10:50 PM »

I don't know about metal tops like the Short Circuit, but yo-yo factory sells parts kits for the plastic tops that do contain metal (aluminum?) tips....

Hades

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »

Yeah I got the yyf replacement tips. They say the metal tips don't work right in the short circuit.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »

Yeah I got the yyf replacement tips. They say the metal tips don't work right in the short circuit.

It you just put the aluminum tip on the short circuit it becomes unstable. But that can be fixed by adding weight:
Upgrading YYF Short Circuit

I have not had a chance to play with the Turbo Iron Silver:

The body is aluminum. I'm not sure if the tip is also aluminum or if it's steel (hopefully).
When Mexican tops say Turbo, it means that it's a bearing top. This one has two bearings.
I really like the diabolo tip . . . for a fixed tip top. For a bearing top it does not make much difference.
On a Hungarian site it's discounted from about $60 usd to $36. On Ebay there is a US seller selling it for $75 with free shipping.

It's probably not worth hunting those older tops unless you are a collector (do as I say, not as I do . . . )

Hades

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »

I just ordered one of the turbo tops. Yeah I'm a collector I have the bug bad been doing this for about 5 months now maybe not even that long,and I have about 30 or so tops. I'm running out of tops to buy. One day I hope to have a quarter of your collection and about 3 % of your skill Ta0. If that happens I will be a happy player/collector  :)

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 12:45:27 AM »

That Turbo Iron Silver is one gorgeous top! And if the crown comes off, it could double as a martini shaker.

Eager to hear how it plays. And shakes. I'll take mine very dry with extra olives, thank you.
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 03:28:09 AM »

este trompo es de aluminio la punta es de material 12L14 UN ACERO MAQUINABLE NO ES DE ALUMINIO TRATARE BUSCAR SI HAY ALA VENTA CON ALGUN CONOCIDO Y AVIZO SALUDOS

Hades

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

If anyone is interested in the turbo iron silver Trompsdelmundo has the top for $32.78. Seems like a good price for this top. I have ordered from them before. That's where I got that hand painted dragon Ptop from. I think shipping is around $16. There shipping is not as fast as spingear, but it did not take a long time to get my last order I think it was around a week once I got a tracking number.

https://tromposdelmundo.es/es/152-turbo-iron-silver.html
https://tromposdelmundo.es/gb/152-turbo-iron-silver.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:06:49 PM by ta0 »

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 09:33:17 PM »

These are still available on the site. If I manage to sell some more plasma I might buy a couple. July has been an expensive spin top month. Shipping is $18 and they are charging tax on each item....I also had difficulty setting up an account over the last few days. No listing for United States as an address option. you will need to choose 'EE.UU' when registering with a United States address.

Hades

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 03:57:43 AM »

I'm glad you brought that up. I forgot out the EE.UU thing. When I ordered that ptop I remember I could not find USA. I started picking options till it listed the right states.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 09:15:10 AM »

No listing for United States as an address option. you will need to choose 'EE.UU' when registering with a United States address.

EE.UU. = Estados Unidos = United States
The doubling of initials in an acronym means that it's plural, at least in Spanish.

For a while it seemed that Trompos del Mundo was closed. I'm glad it's still in business.
The owner registered on this forum a few years ago and made some posts.

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

Quote from: ta0 link=topic=5476.msg57944#msg57944

EE.UU. = Estados Unidos = United States
The doubling of initials in an acronym means that it's plural, at least in Spanish.

For a while it seemed that Trompos del Mundo was closed. I'm glad it's still in business.
The owner registered on this forum a few years ago and made some posts.

Very interesting.  I had not known that, before....

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 02:08:10 PM »

Very interesting.  I had not known that, before....

I had heard this when I was young, but I just checked it out and I need to make a clarification.
EE.UU. is not considered technically an acronym ("sigla" in Spanish), but an abbreviation. This is because it's always read complete as "Estados Unidos."
The rule of doubling the letter for plural is valid for abbreviations (with single letters), not true acronyms. Another example: FF.AA. = Fuerzas Armadas = Armed Forces.

Rules (in Spanish)

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 07:36:16 PM »

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it out through persistence, not intellect. Seems like I do that a lot.

unini

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »

i have the turbo iron silver, also from tromposdelmundo, and i am very happy with it. its a great top, nice and heavy. I usually dont like so much turbo tops, but this one is a bit of an exception. it has a really long spin and it looks gorgeous  :)
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up