iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: translucent yellow Hummer  (Read 2141 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
translucent yellow Hummer
« on: June 02, 2018, 08:26:36 AM »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232790758034?ul_noapp=true

I suspect that someone her will love this.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
Re: translucent yellow Hummer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »

That has one of the ufo/flying saucer tips.  From my experience, they break very easily.  But, it definitely is a nice looking top.

Wait a sec, I don't see the holes around the crown to make it a hummer.  And the cap says Imperial.  Could someone have switched the top in the package?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:55:55 AM by Renee »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 12:22:22 PM »

The auction was canceled and I can only see the small thumb image. It does not look like a hummer.

When posting about auctions, it's a good idea to use the Add Image to Post functionality of the board to embed the images, so people can look at them after they disappear from Ebay.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:42:44 PM »

I notified the person who listed it.  They are not a spin top person, and was glad to know before he sold it for something it wasn't.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »

Thanks for the photos.
Definitely an Imperial and not a Hummer.

However, it's possible that it was packaged wrongly by Duncan. It wouldn't be the first time. It happened quite a bit following the bankruptcy in the middle to late 60s. This is from later, from the 70's and made by Flambeau, but I wouldn't be too surprised. If the packaging was intact, it could be of interest to some collectors (but leaving packages unopened is not my cup of tea).

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »

What's the date range on the UFO tip, ta0?  It looks like the package has been tampered with.  The seller says he picked it up at a thrift store.

Thanks for the photos.
Definitely an Imperial and not a Hummer.

However, it's possible that it was packaged wrongly by Duncan. It wouldn't be the first time. It happened quite a bit following the bankruptcy in the middle to late 60s. This is from later, from the 70's and made by Flambeau, but I wouldn't be too surprised. If the packaging was intact, it could be of interest to some collectors (but leaving packages unopened is not my cup of tea).

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »

What's the date range on the UFO tip, ta0? 
It was in the 1972 Southern California Contest kit. I doubt it was sold for more than 5 years, but I don't have a confirmed range.

Hades

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »

I just got in one of them Duncan contest kits complete with everything. I was wondering about them UFO looking tips.