iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Colombian trick  (Read 2111 times)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Colombian trick
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:59:24 AM »

Can anyone in the U.S do this trick at 4:45
https://youtu.be/y7x-a64lsa4

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Colombian trick
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »

This one is at 4:04
https://youtu.be/kB5blbG5kfU

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »

I think that player is Felipe Gaspar. He is VERY good.
Unfortunately, the presenter is a disaster. He does not enhance the performance or help the performer, on the contrary. In addition, all the jokes are not apt for children and repetitive.

The trick ("ascensor" = elevator) is impressive to me because I never understood how a heavy top like that, can climb so well. Although it's similar to the Mexican trick of the same name, it's more impressive because it climbs from the foot and the top is so much bigger. There is a more modest trick, invented by either Jon Gates or Dale Oliver, in which the top climbs from the floor to the hand at waist height, with the string at about 45 degrees, called "escalator".
I have a Colombian top similar to the one he is using, but I have not tried it  :-[

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

I'm sorry.....is this a challenge?  >:D

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 05:48:03 PM »

Yes it is a CHALLENGE. I just seen my Grandson this weekend it was his 22 second birthday. I told him this summer he has to learn the trick and teach me. Or no more birthday cakes with great BIRTHDAY CARDS. AND YES THAT'S A THREAT. I think big tops put on a better show.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 07:28:11 PM »

I'm even more impressed by the one at 4:13, kind of 4a yoyo catch!!!  :P

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »

Challenges and threats!!!  Sounds like things are heating up on this board.  With my recent studies of Lug Ditka, well, these kind of things remind me of his activities.  Now, don't get me wrong Cecil!  We have long enjoyed your brand of machismo - big is better and get a large top and things go better with more sizeable spin gear.  But this sounds a little like our friend Lug Ditka.  I am not saying you are Lug, just that you might sound a little more like him every once in a while.

By the way, do you own any killer tops named Black Mariah?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:32:56 PM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »

Ok......I must apologize.  My attempt was to go for some humor and get comments flowing.  It seems that my feeble attempt for fun has backfired.  No one is chatting any more.

So, I will take my hat in hand and say "Sorry Cecil".  I miss your challenges and your other fun comments.  I do believe someone in the U.S. can do that trick but maybe not yet.  Your challenge may just be what we have needed to go after that move.

Thank you, Cecil!!!

(by the way, I have not heard any news about Rosie lately - hope she is doing ok)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:52:39 PM by the Earl of Whirl »