iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Worlds registration list  (Read 2560 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Worlds registration list
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »

I am not sure if spintop contestants are required to pre-register for Worlds as yo-yo contestants are. In past years they weren't. But I saw that the registration cost went up the same way as yo-yo contest registration, so I am thinking that this year it may be required. If this is the case, the deadline would be July 30th, so if you are planning to compete, please pre-register or make sure you don't need to.

There is a list of people pre-registered online here:
www.worldyoyocontest.com/music2/music/registered.pl
but it seems that if you registered by phone, fax or a sponsor is registering you, your name may not appear. 

Going through the list, the possible spintop freestyle competitors I recognize are Tom Connolly, Felix Avellana (!!!), Bryan Figueroa (but he is probably only competing in 4A), Boyd Seth and myself. Other top people are Dick Stohr, Eric Wolff and Taka(hiko) Hasegawa. Not on the list yet, Matt Ritter, Miguel Correa, Takeshi, Jon Gates or Mike Hout (?).  I wonder if Fifi is back into tops: that would be exciting!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:26:58 PM by ta0 »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: Worlds registration list
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »

I seem to recall reading that Tyler Severence might also plan to spin tops at worlds???

I widh I could make it--Can't immagine why my wife doesn't want to spend our anniversary in Florida.
Erratic Wobbler

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Worlds registration list
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »

That would be great! I think I read Tyler is or will become an employee of YYF, so perhaps Yohans pushed him in that direction.  Will Tyler and Miggi transfer their 5A (friendly) rivalry to tops? That would only bring more interest from the yoyoers. Hey, bring Yuuki Spencer,  Steve Brown and Felix Avellana back to spintops! Not only would it be great to get the buzz, but it would also be fun to have the chance to beat them all ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to hear you cannot come to Orlando, Poptop.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:32:06 AM by ta0 »