iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Orbits & Snapstart  (Read 4760 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Orbits & Snapstart
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »

I was browsing ta0 youtube when I found this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGT-uUgmUvQ&list=PL9bBAU4yRXc1CvYqBDFeYShRUmrgVmyh0&t=0s&index=14

AMAZING tutorial. I was able to do it a couple of time not repetiively but it did make me understand how to start the movement
which is by my body and right hand... the let the top loose at the top of the 'sun' isn't there yet but it's gonna go there :)

Am I right saying that wheels of fortunes are easier than orbits ?
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »

Thanks. Many people had difficulty figuring out this trick, including me, so I was hoping the tutorial was useful.

I would say that Wheel of Fortune is a more effective regen than orbits. It's also more fun. But the movements are more subtle and complex, so I'm not sure if it's easier to learn. It took me more time to learn it (to do continuously without waiting at the bottom), but I did not have the advantage of a tutorial. :)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 09:05:05 PM »

Thanks. Many people had difficulty figuring out this trick, including me, so I was hoping the tutorial was useful.

I would say that Wheel of Fortune is a more effective regen than orbits. It's also more fun. But the movements are more subtle and complex, so I'm not sure if it's easier to learn. It took me more time to learn it (to do continuously without waiting at the bottom), but I did not have the advantage of a tutorial. :)

Thanks ta0 =) We will see.. I'm still working on my consitancy of drumbeats, but they are frustrating as they don't seem to add much spin ( at least compared to my RC / SW :) )... Once I have drumbeats figured out, I'll jump on wheels of fortune.. they indeed are more fun than orbits... ( honestly as long as I can blizzard, which I can, orbits can wait :) )

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 06:05:29 AM »

Everything is soooo true!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 02:10:52 PM »

With the top vertical, after you catch the top you have to resist the urge to pull until the top precesses and leans to your left (and the string wraps the tip).

THIS IS WHAT MADE ME PROGRESS on my snaps... I'm now at 50% of success rougly & every failure is pulling too early ... mostly :P

EDIT: what made me realise this was that I was trying just to catch the top on the string and let it die out... and you actually have quite a lot of time... it is very suprising.. and when I started delaying just a touch... it started to open up for me!

Cheers ta0 and thanks!

EDIT: WOW. I can't belive I've been working on orbits for rougly more than 6 month and I'm starting to be able to regen through normal orbits  ( I did 19 orbits the other day without going into magnetic wire... ) And I was getting frustrated after 3 days  b/c of my erratic snapstarting ability... ( c'mon paxl :P )
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:59:26 PM by paxl13 »

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 06:03:07 PM »

As for orbit, I hit a couple tonight but they are hard and I usually end up with the top on my face!!!
Move your hands more left to right.  Move subtly front to rear.