iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Joe Mauk top spinning sermon video  (Read 4794 times)

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
New Joe Mauk top spinning sermon video
« on: January 28, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »

Hello everybody.
First time posting. :)

New Joe Mauk top spinning sermon video.

I just came across a new Joe Mauk top spinning sermon video on YouTube.
The video came out just last year in 2009. The first Joe Mauk video I've seen came out in I'm thinking Late 70's early 80's. A few years have went by since then and a few changes have been made but Joe Mauk still does a splendid top spinning sermon presentation.

Note from admin: these are Christian sermons using tops. There is a little slight of Buddha.

(Part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOsk5zrflAo&feature=related
(Part 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBExbATDAg4&feature=related
http://www.apnyi.org/videos/2009/06/take-it-to-the-top-part-1/ 
http://www.apnyi.org/videos/2009/06/take-it-to-the-top-part-2/

Peace and Blessings,
_Mark Magyar
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:42:34 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: New Joe Mauk top spinning sermon video
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »

Welcome to the board Mark!

I had seen a video from the 70's of Mauk that Mike got from silvertop. And last year Mike posted some links to recent videos uploaded to youtube. Here is one of topspinning.com threads.

Mauk follows pretty much Jim Shreiber spintop analogies. However, there is something new on this video that was not on his previous ones: a bearing top!! It seems to be a pretty decent one. It could be a YYJ Gates enyo.

He still claims to have the largest top in the world. But at 28 kg it is much smaller than the Taiwanese giant tops (60  - 100 kg?) One of the videos on youtube shows how he spins it with a weight falling from a tree.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:03:42 PM by ta0 »

Jeromy K.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:07:43 PM »

Nice videos good work. I like the idea.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »

Perhaps, someone of you could make me the great favour to put some subtitles of these two videos. I reach to understand part of them, but not all.
I `ve got too some strange ideas about spin tops and religious messages in Bible and other religious and sacred books, and I would like to get all the discourses of this preacher.
Thanks.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:05:22 PM »

Salvador: tops in these sermons are used only as analogies or allegories, to communicate the relationships between religious concepts. But there are no religious or mystic ideas related to the tops themselves. Joe Mauk, Stan Watson and their teacher, Rev. Jim Shreiber, the spintop preachers, could have used other objects, but tops are entertaining for the public and, more significantly, the preachers loved to play with the tops themselves!  ;) There is a movie of Shreiber were he describes how he had the original idea.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:42:13 AM by ta0 »

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »

The only videos that I'm familiar with that were mentioned on this forum earlier are the Jim Schreiber, Stan Watson, and Joe Mauk videos. From watching the Joe Mauk video you can tell that he did get some of his presentational ideas from that of Jim Schreiber as did others.   

Salvador: tops in these sermons are used only as analogies or allegories, to communicate the relationships between religious concepts. But there are no religious or mystic ideas related to the tops themselves. Joe Mauk, Dan Watson and their teacher, Rev. Jim Shreiber, the spintop preachers, could have used other objects, but tops are entertaining for the public and, more significantly, the preachers loved to play with the tops themselves!  ;) There is a movie of Shreiber were he describes how he had the original idea.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 12:27:48 AM »

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the forum.  I'm glad to see you found some more Joe Mauk videos.  I thought Jorge might have the Jim Schreiber video in a form that could be shared on this forum.  One of the parts I enjoyed was when Schreiber put his spinning top on the head of a bald man in the audience.  If I remember correctly, silvertop commented that he used to do that but once pulled out the last couple bits of hair from a guys head, so he kind of quit doing it anymore!

Sharp eyes and good memory ta0 on the fact that this is the first time Joe Mauk has a bearing top!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 01:14:07 AM »

I may post the introductory scenes to "Top Secret" where Shreiber describes his life and does some tricks including regenerations.  By the way, his name is spelled "Rev. James C. Shreiber" on the movie titles, without a "c" after the "S".

PS: Don, I have not forgotten your copy, but I am still working on getting the format correct.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »

yeah !!
joe mauk is a great entertainer !!

he even makes jokes on what he is actually doing : preaching !
when he tells someone in a relaxed way "don't you know jesus is coming back ? " and then he says "if you don't ,you should be in this convention"
amazing .. he reminds me of a preacher i had met in NYc harlem in 77, he would throw his watch during the preach , but another guy was there to catch it at any time .. ;)
he knows all the tricks of a professional stand up comedian
i'd really like to meet him some day

thanx for the news

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »

Thanks for posting the Joe Mauk video.  I do recognize some of Schreiber in it.  The message is so important.  Thanks again. :-*
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6