iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yoyosam.com site - unsolicited opinion / endorsement  (Read 2165 times)

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
Yoyosam.com site - unsolicited opinion / endorsement
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:57:39 AM »

I just purchased an ultimate wheel on the Yoyosam website for my son. I have ordered from them several times, they show up at the RIT festival in Rochester, NY every year and I have been to their store in Erie, PA. They have a decent selection of spin top gear, juggling stuff, etc...and they offer FREE shipping.

In addition, they run promo codes periodically. Current code is PEEPS and runs through Easter which saves 15 percent.

I am not affiliated with the shop - only as a customer. As top players we have limited options on where to get our gear.  yoyosam.com has been a good option for me and, IMHO, worth checking out.

Does anyone else have advice on sources for gear (good or bad)?

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Yoyosam.com site - unsolicited opinion / endorsement
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:03:16 PM »

For sure our options are limited..  YYS has been good to me , they found some partial Duncan kits and I was able to get what they had..thanks for info on Sofia top and your posts!

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:40:56 AM »

I buy where-ever I can find the best deal. As my interests widen, I have to find more places to get things, EVEN if one of the places I frequent may also carry the same kind of stuff.

With that being said, my main sources of yoyos via mail order is YoYoExpert and YoYoBestBuy, but I will also buy from YoYoRewind. I even got 1 yoyo from YoYoSam because it was the best deal. My first go-to place is YoYoBestBuy, but that's because I consider JD a friend so I throw my business that way first, then I go to YoYoExpert.

For tops, with the exception of the chonkakegoma I got via SpinGear, it's been YoYoExpert and YoYoSam. I got a Sophia for like $70 on sale, and I can't argue that! Now that YYE carries the koma tops, I have less reason to buy those form SpinGear. I know YoYoPlay has I think bought up Spintastics. From what I hear, this would mean more tops. I have no issues with buying from them but I haven't yet. I can't complain about Spintastics gear and wouldn't mind owning another QSC in both bearing an fixed tip configs.

When it comes to boomerangs, it's pretty much "boomerangs.com".

When it comes to juggling, I'm being spread thin. House Of Poi has a lot of stuff, but then again so does Renegade Juggling, and so does YoYoSam. It's really depended on what I've chosen to pursue and what has had the best price. My latest YYS purchase was a set of Duncan clubs and some Play Sil-X Russia type juggling balls.  I'm also currently researching other types of balls, clubs, devil sticks, flower sticks and poi. I do know I got my contact stage balls via Renegade, but I'm pretty sure the poi I am looking at will be form House of Poi. I've been strongly advised to look into GBallz for beanbag type balls, and once I justify the price in my head(they do them all semi-custom), I'll go for it.

YYS has been good. Since I really got into the whole skill toy thing, I've noticed them making changes under the surface and all for the better. As you've likely noticed, customer service is very high on the priority list for companies that carry skill toys. This year, I had an important email change and the only way I could get this changed was via directly contacting YYS and they quickly helped make the change happen. The biggest things I've noticed is that they've been more transparent, which makes tracking orders easier. Plus, the fairly frequent discount codes helps me explore these various interests and save money. Plus, I'm not the only one playing with skill toys and needing stuff, so saving money is always a good thing.

Currently, there's a sale going on with Kendama USA with Ozora kendamas starting at $10 and they got one I want to get 2 of in a bare wood at $15 each. No money right now, but if that changes, I'll get 2. I'm not big on kendama, but I do like the ozora models and at $15, it's a steal.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Rich

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »

Based on referrals from forum members, I tracked down a couple of Spintastic models for my grandson. I found that WalMart will send you tops at the same price as YoYoSam but with no shipping charge. WalMart runs the sale through YoYoSam, but eats the shipping cost. Sam also sends a five dollar discount card with the purchase. It appears that WalMart is going toe to toe with Amazon Prime as they sent me a questionnaire and wanted to know if I was an Amazon Prime member.
In actuality, they beat out Amazon cost wise all around.

Google what you're looking for and a WalMart link should appear, or go to their website.

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »

yoyo sam always offers free shipping if you order directly from their site. prices are higher if you purchase from them on ebay. For the month of April everything is 10% off if you use the code 'electric' at checkout.

The spin top community is a small one but (hopefully) growing. There is little to no opportunity to buy local unless you happen to be at an event where a vendor brings tops to sell. For me, this means turning to the interweb when I need (want) new gear.  Anything we can do as a community to share 'deals' would benefit everyone.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 03:01:50 AM »

YoYoSam code for May 2018: "Albert". 10% off all month long.

I doubt I'm going to get any tops. There's a set of juggling clubs and some Duncan juggling rings I want to get.