iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Someting is coming...  (Read 623 times)

Mermouy

• Gold Member
  • New spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
Someting is coming...
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »

I can see something coming there...

For now the site is not (yet) accessible, for crafting and referencing purposes, but to summarize, I'm actually constructing a beta version of the website I/we already talked about here and there...

The point is, first, to gather as much as possible spintop videos in one place; classifying them in many and easy browseable ways...
This website will be in english (translations would be possible but you almost double the amount of work needed...)

What I've done until now (of course it's just an extract of categories):
Main sections like

• Learning (tricks)
  • Watching (just nice/historical/other videos)
  • Crafting (about diy, turning, 3d, string twist...)
  • ITSA related pages

Then the sections, of course, are divided into subcategories like (For the Learning part):
  • Patches and ladders
    • Patches
      • Patch video Applications
    • Spintop Basics
    • Other and new tricks
  • Tutorials

But the thing is, most of time you won't use this kind of menu to look for videos, the main point is to add tags to all videos and then you can browse videos by tag, for example if you're first looking at a basic whip tutorial, you'll find tags like "whip", "tutorial", "slowmotion"... You will then be able to list all whip tricks in the database, or see a list of all videos in slowmotion etc...

Also in the tag system, I added (or I will soon) Names, like (sorry if you're one of them) Jon Gates, Ta0, C. Neff, Jakub, daniel, gus but also konecny brothers (totw), energia, slusny, Trompo cometa etc...

That way you'll also be able to list all videos from one person/team/brand...

Of course, for now, I use videos anyone can find in youtube or this forum...

But one nice possibility would be that, you guys soon register an account on this website and add your own videos, signature, comments descriptions etc...

Anyway, I post here not just to send you an unuseful link with a countdown, no, in fact, as you can imagine it announces many hours to make it fully work...

So here I am: I would be happy if some of you are interested+/have time enough to help me with this huge task?

At first, I will send login info to some superhero members of this forum to give returns opinions and advices.

If you're interested in that early look, just register on the only available page... The text talk just about infos but once registered, I will create you an account and you will be able to see the actual state of work...

If you want to already participate in creating/filling up this website with me just write it here, I will explain you further then by mail and will upgrade your account to be able to post.

Also for the curious ones, I added recently (so not already posted videos will appear there) a twitter account announcing new posts/videos.

Sorry for that long post.... :P

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Someting is coming...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »

Wow! That's a titanic task, Mermouy!

From the ITSA's point of view, our priority is to have pages directly related to the organization, even if they are simple. For tricks we would, at least for a while, just link to other sites.
I hope you get volunteers and partners for the Spintriks site. It would be great if you can pull it off, but I know how much time it takes just to keep this forum going . . .
I would certainly look at it, but time is the most scarce resource (I still have not updated the Figaro gallery from the trip to Paris or posted anything about my visit to Cyril's collection  ::) ).

valerieyo

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

Quite a task and could be an incredible resource.  But time to keep it updated is surely a consideration.
Dale and I owned spinttoptricks.com for awhile with the intent to put spin top tutorials, but it didn't happen quickly enough and we decided to sell the domain.
I do know who purchased it and will ask them what they're intent is. I believe it is the same as ours was...just tutorials on tricks.
Maybe it can be a joint effort.
I'll keep you posted.
Val
img]http://ta0.com/images/ITSA-patch_90px.gif[/img]

Mermouy

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 02:34:52 PM »

Hi,
I've already filled up the website with some videos to show how it could work, by the way Valerieyo, the upload of your videos from youtube (account valerieyo7) is in progress. I hope it's not a problem for you.
If you're interested I can give you login info to have a look and give your return on this website.
I planned to release it on 1st of April (without joking) but I move next sunday to Greece for some work on a refugees saving boat for two weeks so I won't be able to work on the website for some time, I still don't know if I should release what it is already on it or wait to make it more complete...

Turegano

• Turegano
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 08:16:06 AM »

I think it is very good what you do but that or you lose the current content but if you need a more dynamic and more intuitive gold page to make your operation easier than good you bring that kind of ideas and listen to you mainly the managers that is already a win greetings a hug

ITSA-patch_red_90px.gif[/img]

TROMPO MEXICO

valerieyo

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:40:26 AM »

Mermouy,  No problem linked my youtube videos.  Thanks for asking.  I haven't been able to get ahold of the other guyas of yet.  I'll keep trying.

Mermouy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »

No problem linked my youtube videos.  Thanks for asking.

I just realized that it will be also a titanic task to ask everyone... I will continue as I started and people not wanting their videos on the website will have to ask for their removal...
I hope i won't hurt anyone, but after all, these videos are online to promote spintop, same as the objective of this project...