iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are you coming to Miamisburg (Whirl Festival and Nats 2018)?

YES
- 17 (65.4%)
NO
- 9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition  (Read 48561 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »

The last sports trick list of tricks included 40 tricks from which people could pick and chose. It has been recently proposed to make it again a true ladder and cut the list to 20 tricks.
This has not yet been decided.
You can see those tricks here: http://www.ta0.com/tricks/sport-division/sports_division.html
Except the year Eli competed, being able to do 10 tricks of the list was enough to make you competitive.

I feel proud that I can almost do half of that list already =) We should make an online ladder challenge... I might do a thread on that if anyone is interested.
Spinning is life!!!!

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2018, 09:17:21 PM »

Is this the thread for 2018 Nationals info?  Sorry, I've been out of the loop. 

Daveid and I plan to attend, maybe Scott also.

oh crap are we almost only a month away?? i need to finish some stuff... where's that burger i was eating? oh... finished that yesterday...
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2018, 01:22:09 AM »

Is this the thread for 2018 Nationals info?  Sorry, I've been out of the loop. 

Daveid and I plan to attend, maybe Scott also.

oh crap are we almost only a month away?? i need to finish some stuff... where's that burger i was eating? oh... finished that yesterday...

Woohoo!  :)

Shootist

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »

Our family plans are set for Miamisburg. Looking forward to a Great Time and Catching Up with our Spin Top Friends .

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »

yes Yes YES!!!  What great news from Shootist!!!  Yesterday was Christmas in July and I celebrated by dreaming of Christmas in August.  Now that we know that car load of top energy is coming our way LOOK OUT.  Things are coming together quite nicely for nationals in the Burg.

One other interesting bit.  The newspaper just had a picture of the burying of the time capsule.  It is now in the ground at the outdoor Riverfront park where we will be on Saturday evening.  And every time I walk by the spot where it is buried I get a big smile because we have a Toycrafter peg top in there!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »

I got a nice phone call yesterday.  It seems that Mark Hayward will be doing something in Chicago on the 24th.  He needs to be in Montgomery, Alabama on the 26th.  Because he misses all of us, he is going to try to swing by Miamisburg late on the 24th and hang out until the nationals are over around 4pm.  Yippee!!!  Things are looking better all the time.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2018, 08:46:10 PM »

It's looking better and better! It's going to be a fantastic crowd!  8)

But with Shanghai before (leaving this Monday!!!) I have been remiss in my preparations for Miamisburg. I haven't reserved a place to stay: does anybody need a roommate?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2018, 12:03:02 AM »

Just got another amazing call.  This one was from Dick Stohr.  He says he doesn't want to miss out on all the action.  He and Bev are also going to be coming to Miamisburg.  Wow!!!

My long term dream was to have a place where a lot of people could stay, but some things have changed that for now.....like a baby.  Not mine!!!  The mom was in a little sis program with my wife and needed a place to stay.  The hotel is full but I hope one day it can be open again.

It is now the first day of August and I have an idea/challenge.  I found an old ripstick (two wheeled skateboard) in the garage.  I would like to try to ride that and do some top tricks to open up the national competition.  That is my challenge and I hope others will take the opportunity to just have fun and do a freestyle knowing they will not be last (as I will not be able to score much on that ripstick).  I would love to see 6-8 competitors or more.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2018, 07:32:33 AM »

But with Shanghai before (leaving this Monday!!!) I have been remiss in my preparations for Miamisburg.
The hotel is full but I hope one day it can be open again.
May I suggest (again) http://www.englishmanorohio.com/
It is a very short walk to St. Jacobs and to the park.  It would be fun to fill this charming B&B with top spinners.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2018, 09:35:10 AM »

So......you are coming Kirk?

When I saw you posted I was hoping you were saying "I will not only be there but I will do a freestyle". 

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »

Sounds like we need registration, or at least a sound off, of who will be freestyling.

Softspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2018, 04:14:48 PM »

Going to stay Friday and Saturday anyone want to pm cell phone numbers so people can meet up would be cool it is my first time there !!!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2018, 07:30:55 AM »

When I saw you posted I was hoping you were saying "I will not only be there but I will do a freestyle".
I will freestyle very poorly.  Work has interfered with practice. :(

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »

I will freestyle very poorly.  Work has interfered with practice. :(

Kirk and very poorly... yeah that sounds wrong :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2018, 11:52:43 AM »

Thank you so much for that commitment, Kirk.  That means a lot.  It gives us a big push forward on having more than three competing at nationals (sadly, a recent trend). 

Oh, and don't worry about where you are on your freestyle right now.  You are way way way ahead of me.  I can now mount my ripstick again (it has been years) and can go 10-15 feet in a straight line....which is pretty useless on a stage.  I need to turn and that is just starting to happen again.  I still have yet to try a top on it.  So, this is my challenge for anyone else who wants to try.......you are way ahead of me, but I have 23 days to practice.

Jim Neff?!!?!?!?