iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ShortCircuit & Elec-trick tip swapping fun  (Read 1890 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
ShortCircuit & Elec-trick tip swapping fun
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:50:16 PM »

Hi guys,

I just 'wasted' rougly 1h playing around swapping tip from my shortcircuit to my elec-trick and vice versa. Fun discovery. The Shortcircuit with teh bearing tip works well.. I didn't try it out fully since it's a bit noisy and I didn't want to disturb the ppl that are sleeping. Will try it more tomorrow. The fun part was that the Elec-trick with the standard plastic tip from the shortcircuit needed to have more tip weight else it was reacting like if you try to put a metal tip on the short circuit.. I added 2 metal washer inside instead of just the plastic washer and it seem to work perfectly :)

Anyway, tried to cleaned the bearing with acetone and it's seem to be a bit better but nothing really ground breaking :) Anyway... so long time to sleep. I'll post how the 2 behave more tomorrow :)
Cheers,
Xavier
Spinning is life!!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: ShortCircuit & Elec-trick tip swapping fun
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:44:20 AM »

Well. after having played a bit with both of them, both are way less good than they were stock... I swapped them back. I'd be curious to see if the metal fixed tip on the electric is heavy enough and how light the bearing is on the short-circuit :)

Anyway. so long.
Cheers,
paxl

SuperTaiyaki

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »

Metal tip on the elec-trick works great but I don't like the shape. The point is too wide so it loses speed quickly.

I've now learned the hard way that any top with suspcious balance needs to be tested on the ground first - an oscillating tip to the finger hurts!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »

Metal tip on the elec-trick works great but I don't like the shape. The point is too wide so it loses speed quickly.

I've now learned the hard way that any top with suspcious balance needs to be tested on the ground first - an oscillating tip to the finger hurts!

Yeah I've learned that too... Thanks for that comment, I might just forget to buy the upgrade tip if you say it's not that great anyway. I like the Elec-trick as a bearing top...

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »

and i will add this here for now.
Elec-Trick with metal fixed tip...