iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA Annual General Assembly December 7th - 15th !!!

Author Topic: Duncan Twin Spin  (Read 4656 times)

JMauk

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Duncan Twin Spin
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:08 AM »

Will look into the Cometa Twins.  Yes, looking into being in Miamisburg in August. Thanks for the date.

Joe,
The cometa twins are pretty good.  Vastly better than the (very light) wood Duncans

Will you be in the USA for Miamisburg? It would be great to see you again. (August 25 2018)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2018, 12:28:20 PM »

Are you saying the Dale Oliver inscribed #214 aluminium base is a Spintastics product?

Dale IS Spintastics  ;D

I checked my files and I wrote a review of the Hollow Point for the September 2001 AYYA newsletter.
I did it at the request of Val, who knew me through the spinning top boards, even though I didn't meet a top player (or advanced yo-yoer) in person until 2004!

I still have 4 HPs, one with #14 inscribed.

JMauk

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »

All right, that clears up that connection.  Now I am left wondering how in the world I obtained it.  When and from whom?  A 2000's product?  Just can't get a grip on a timeline of how its came to my possession.  As my cousin says, "I'm glad I have such a great memory, I can't remember the last time I forgot something important!"

Are you saying the Dale Oliver inscribed #214 aluminium base is a Spintastics product?

Dale IS Spintastics  ;D

I checked my files and I wrote a review of the Hollow Point for the September 2001 AYYA newsletter.
I did it at the request of Val, who knew me through the spinning top boards, even though I didn't meet a top player (or advanced yo-yoer) in person until 2004!

I still have 4 HPs, one with #14 inscribed.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 03:59:30 AM »

Salut Joe !

good to hear from you

how 's the BIG TOP ?

greetings from France

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

JMauk

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 11:04:53 PM »

Hi Jim,

Giant top still at rest pending repairs.  I may be coming to a point of being able to spend some money on it in the next couple of months.

If any of you have a design for a motorcycle wheel type hub 12' in diameter and about 6-8 inches high, to fit on an axle (shaft) 2 or 3 inches in diameter, so that significant weight can be placed on the perimeter of the wheel, please send my way!

Joe

Salut Joe !

good to hear from you

how 's the BIG TOP ?

greetings from France

jim