iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 94387 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »

Welcome to the land of regeneration!  It is a fascinating place to be!!!

It really is! I basically played 2.5h yesterday and the only thing I wanted to do was rollercoasters. Sewing machine seems easier but drumbeat still eludes me, the key will be to understand how to deal with the string!

Anyway so fun, might try to film a video this afternoon!
Tops are life! I'm very eager to get my hornet!!!
Spinning is life!!!!

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »

welcome to the foro  amazing history   

TROMPO MEXICO

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2018, 03:40:37 PM »

Hey guys, I was in a craft store today and saw the breaded coton string. The one I bought was 5 coton string twisted together. Look at what happened :

So some parameters if anyone is interested. I did a 3ply string with a 25% reduction. I started at 300 inch, twisted until 240 inch and then plied it together. the resulting string was 72 inch, did cut it at 60 and used the spintastic button!!!

Played around 1h and it's starting to soften up!! With the new string I was able to get to 8 rollercoaster to string!... The new string seems too regenerate better but I'm still a newb so my technique is improving by the day!!

Anyway, making string is fun!!!
Cheers,

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »

New fun fact... With regeneration obsession comes me playing only fixed metal tip and now my palm of my hand is painful... But I probably played more than 5h this weekend so!

Anyway, I'm getting better!
Paxl13

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2018, 08:07:15 AM »

Well, a night later my hand is still hurting :) A yoyo glove with the finger cutted off seem to help =)

Anyway, I'm sure it will go away...
Cheers,
Xavier

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »

Here is a nice attempt :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jnCVq1CDQxeLtWNH2

Well that's seven. I do better not on camera :)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2018, 08:18:12 PM »

Welcome to the world or regeneration.   I well recall the time when I thought it was far, far out of reach.  Then for a long time I could keep the top going, but never get enough speed to do anything else with the top.
Some unsolicited advice:
Be careful about racking up the hours. (Ask my shoulder a year later)
Work on keeping a good posture during regens.  It looks better and is better for your back
Some of your RC are very upright which is good form.  I like to be able to tell the difference between a sewing machine and an RC.  Well done.
Don't think about catching the top with the string.  Just lay the string over or around that top as is comes up to you.
By the way a bearing top is great to learn with. If you listen well you can hear the bearing stop, then reverse. Then you know that you would be adding spin if you had a fixed tip.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2018, 08:38:13 PM »

Good progress!
The lassos look good. I think you need to work on the pull. It has to come all from the right hand so the string feeds through the tip. I have the impression that you are also pulling up with your left hand. Something you can do to increase the regeneration power is to lower your right hand before the pull.
There is also some regen on the catch. For that it's important to let the top slide down while feeding the string from the left hand at the correct speed, not too fast not too slow.
You are well on your way to be able to keep the top going and going   ;)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »

Welcome to the world or regeneration.   I well recall the time when I thought it was far, far out of reach.

I can't belive I was there a couple of weeks ago :)

Then for a long time I could keep the top going, but never get enough speed to do anything else with the top.
Some unsolicited advice:
Be careful about racking up the hours. (Ask my shoulder a year later)
Work on keeping a good posture during regens.  It looks better and is better for your back
Some of your RC are very upright which is good form.  I like to be able to tell the difference between a sewing machine and an RC.  Well done.
Don't think about catching the top with the string.  Just lay the string over or around that top as is comes up to you.
By the way a bearing top is great to learn with. If you listen well you can hear the bearing stop, then reverse. Then you know that you would be adding spin if you had a fixed tip.

Good call about the posture! And I'll make sure to not play too much :) =) The palm of my right hand would be happy if I stop playing for a couple of days but that won't happen.

I have trouble by just laying the string and letting the do the job... I'm not fast enough yet... It will come, I'll keep trying harder!

The only bearing top I have is the QSH and to be fair, with the new brass tip & the heavy weight I have trouble doing the lasso catch on the RC ... I'll continue working on this too!

Good progress!
The lassos look good. I think you need to work on the pull. It has to come all from the right hand so the string feeds through the tip. I have the impression that you are also pulling up with your left hand. Something you can do to increase the regeneration power is to lower your right hand before the pull.
There is also some regen on the catch. For that it's important to let the top slide down while feeding the string from the left hand at the correct speed, not too fast not too slow.
You are well on your way to be able to keep the top going and going   ;)

Thanks a lot Ta0!!! I know that I do pull with the wrong had a bit. that probably explain why the spin die on me!

More progess log : Yesterday I had fund with wirewalkers to lasso to rc to string... I can't belive I can do that almost effortlessly :) I was doing a 3 wrap corkscrew to RC to string but I was only able to do 2 - 3 rep before the spin would die completely... ( probably due to the fact that I had only a tiny bit of string to work with :)

Anyway
So long and thanks for the reassurance that I'm doing what I should be doing!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2018, 03:25:20 PM »

Here's another vid today of me playing around :

Yep way better posture during RCs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kor-irG63wk&feature=youtu.be

Kind of pretty proud of the Corkscrew to RC to string :) ( sad that the camera didn't catch the whole thing :)

EDIT: RAGHH and my nice orange string got almost damaged by a bad tip snag on the qsh :(...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:22:23 PM by paxl13 »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

Whoohouu. I"m hitting a couple of one handed brommerang to lasso!!! =) \o/

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2018, 07:27:20 AM »

Now I'm hitting roughly 90% of my boomerang to lasso... Rc to string are becoming effortless!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2018, 01:31:32 PM »

I really can regen now !!! =) with the vibey hornet I did 12 RC to string off a boomerang to lasso!!! all this feel unreal!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2018, 04:31:15 PM »

I really can regen now !!! =) with the vibey hornet I did 12 RC to string off a boomerang to lasso!!! all this feel unreal!!
Congrats!!!!  :)

Yeah, I would say 12 RCs is proof that you are regenerating.
That's a huge milestone in top spinning! It opens up a new world for the player.
I still remember a time when you could count with the fingers of the hands the number of players who could regen.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:16 AM »

Congrats!!!!  :)

Yeah, I would say 12 RCs is proof that you are regenerating.
That's a huge milestone in top spinning! It opens up a new world for the player.
I still remember a time when you could count with the fingers of the hands the number of players who could regen.

THANKS!!!!

Funny how now I can't even hit 2-3 with my Grande now. :) It feel so so so light!!! That said, I have to balence out my honet, it's hurting my palm b/c it vibrate too much :(