iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 94535 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »

Upgrade question to y'all.

So so far I own :
- 2x shortcircuit ( one with a badly damaged tip and one with a better tip )
- 1x Elec-trick
- 1x BK

And I was eyeing a QSH hybrid but my question is this. is it easy to lock the bearing for fixed tip play ( which is what I seem to enjoy most so far ).

Thanks for the info.
paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 08:51:39 AM »

Remove bearing tip and install regular tip easy to do I would contact Dale o and get a couple c-tips and try the diablo tip also you will be happy with this great top

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:09 AM »

Remove bearing tip and install regular tip easy to do I would contact Dale o and get a couple crops and try the diablo tip also you will be happy with this great top

Where can I contact him and where's the best place to buy a QSH with the spares tip and everything ? I'm from canada. All the other tops were bought on yoyoexperts.

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 08:56:05 AM »

He is on forum and will sell you a top I bet and has tips. Check members under dale o. I have his # but it is at home

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »

Dale's contact info is on the Spintastics website

http://www.spintastics.com/contact-us/

SuperTaiyaki

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:50 AM »

Have you looked at the replacement tip kit for the Yoyofactory tops? I quite like the fixed aluminium tip for the Elec-trick, though I wish the neck were a little thinner and the point a tiny bit sharper. Bearing Short Circuit is pretty interesting too.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »

Have you looked at the replacement tip kit for the Yoyofactory tops? I quite like the fixed aluminium tip for the Elec-trick, though I wish the neck were a little thinner and the point a tiny bit sharper. Bearing Short Circuit is pretty interesting too.

I was thinking on this too... I love the shape of the Elec-trick too. I was maybe thinking on ordering a QSH and the upgrade kit. That'd give me more diversity =) And possibly a Koma too =) And the micro top obsessed me =)...

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Introduction! or Top Spinning is amazzing :)
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »

I really have trouble getting the top to listen to me in that trick, drumbeat seems easier to me! I have trouble catching repetitively the top on the string tho!
At first drumbeat seemed easier to me.  Try working on sewing machine.  The hand motion is a lot like RC but the top is horizontal.  Don't think about catching the top. Just lay the string over the middle of the top as it stops at the peak of its motion.  RC will come to you as you work the top side to side.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Introduction! or Top Spinning is amazzing :)
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »

I really have trouble getting the top to listen to me in that trick, drumbeat seems easier to me! I have trouble catching repetitively the top on the string tho!
At first drumbeat seemed easier to me.  Try working on sewing machine.  The hand motion is a lot like RC but the top is horizontal.  Don't think about catching the top. Just lay the string over the middle of the top as it stops at the peak of its motion.  RC will come to you as you work the top side to side.

Good plan, but the problem I have with Drumbeat / SM is that I can't grasp yet how to whip the string out of the way on the jerk up... but I was able to do 3 cycle of drumbeat a  couple of seconds ago :) I'm happy :D

BTW, thanks y'all for all the tips

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »

So after chatting with both YYE and Yoyoplay, so it seem there isn't a one size fit all good top. What the dude from spintastic was telling me is that he's currently out of 'fixed tip' so that I need to buy one of the fixed tip top he sell and swap out / in the tip for the QSH... The other thing I got was that it's not an easy swap in / out like bearing king for an example.

Meaning I need to decide if I want a bearing or a fixed QSH basically and just stick with it :( For now I might stick to my Elec-trick & Short-circuit and decide later on then. I'm a bit disapointed sadly. The other option would be to go to something like a STB2.5 but... at that price point... let's make sure I'll still be throwing top in a year from now!

Thanks y'allss!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »

Upgrade question to y'all.

So so far I own :
- 2x shortcircuit ( one with a badly damaged tip and one with a better tip )
- 1x Elec-trick
- 1x BK

And I was eyeing a QSH hybrid but my question is this. is it easy to lock the bearing for fixed tip play ( which is what I seem to enjoy most so far ).

Thanks for the info.
paxl

QSH Fixed-tip, best Top ever made for just about everything

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »

Actually I've been wondering how the QSH Fixed tip is at wire walking tricks- El Ascensor, Staircase to Heaven, etc. Short Circuit I can but Trompo Grande I can't.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »

So now the decision is weather to order a fixed tip or a bearing tip! Why can't it be easy to switch!!!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2017, 08:41:06 PM »

Actually I've been wondering how the QSH Fixed tip is at wire walking tricks- El Ascensor, Staircase to Heaven, etc. Short Circuit I can but Trompo Grande I can't.

Just to add to the confusion, remember that there are 3 different tips for the QSH.  C tip (early QSH if you asked for it)  Gladiator tip (early QSH in Brass or steel)
New Brass (Newer QSH)
IMHO
C tip - great for regen - Not as good for wire walking
Gladiator tip - wire walks pretty fast. I like to file the sharp edge a bit.
New brass tip -  the neck shape is great. The tip is not pointed enough for my fat hands, but some folk love it.
C tip with a light touch with a small chainsaw file at the neck. - :) :) :)

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »

Thanks for the info Kirk. Most of the photos online of QSH tops show them with a tip that looks like an arrow when viewed from the side. I haven't tried any of the high grade tops and just don't know what to expect. :)