iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vote for best spinning top photo of the year!

Author Topic: Parts for STB 2.5  (Read 1200 times)

Rika-chan

Parts for STB 2.5
« on: September 07, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »

During hurricane panic, my parents took the parts from my STB2.5 that I have sitting on my desk off, thinking it was stuff we could use to put up the shutters, I suppose.

Now we can't find the bag.

In it, there was the ferrule, and the spacer I believe, as i currently have it fixed-tip. What exactly do I need to grab from the hardware store after the storm passes by? I don't know the sizes.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:23:34 PM by Rika-chan »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Parts for STB 2.5
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »

Oh no!!! 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »

I think almost all the Strummol8's use the same guts. I would recommend contacting YoyoExpert as you'll likely get the quickest answer. I'd take my top apart but I'm working with it at the moment. I know at least the Gulia, Sophia, STB 2.0 and 2.5 all use the same tip(s), so I would therefore assume they would use the same other items as well. Not sure about the Love tops but you're not asking about those, but I think they also use the same tip configurations.

I'm also working with Jack's Type Eh strings, which are nice but for some reason, my throw has gone to crap at the moment. I gave myself a blister winding tops yesterday.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »

Oops!
I doubt you'll find exactly the spacer you need at the hardware store (specially because S8 designs are metric). I guess by ferrule you mean the inside diameter adapter for the inner bearing (when using an axle compatible with one way bearing). That I also doubt you'll find at a hardware store. I'm thinking your best bet is to write to Maurizio (he is on this forum) and see if he can mail you replacements. Or just leave that top as fixed tip . . .

Shootist

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »

I have some extra parts from a Giulia, send me you address and I will fix your STB 2.5 problem.

Take Care