iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trompos Space problem  (Read 1874 times)

DavidTrompero 2003

• ITSA Jr.
  • Spintop!!!!;)
Trompos Space problem
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:13:57 AM »

Hi, I have a problem with ALL roller Trompos Space.
The problem is that they dont spin enough time... I used to clean the bearings 2 years ago, so they spin lots of time... But a few days ago I cleaned the bearings of my friends spintop and my neptuno roller, but they dont spin much. Any method(it seems that the bearings have changed...)?

Thanks, David

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Trompos Space problem
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »

If an old bearing tip that used to spin a lot does not spin well anymore, even after cleaning it, it is probably damaged. You will need to replace the bearing with a new one.

I have not changed the bearings in any of my Trompos Space tops, so I don't know how difficult it is to do or what is the size.

DavidTrompero 2003

• ITSA Jr.
  • Spintop!!!!;)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 01:36:46 PM »

You understood bad. I mean that 2 new tops, doesnt spin well, about 30 sec... And old ones, after cleaning spinned well, but this ones, after cleaning doesnt spin welll

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »

Sorry to hear that.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Hrosik

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Daniel Konecny
    • Spintop.cz
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 04:02:30 AM »

With these "low-end" or "mid-end" tops it can happen. They just don't use high quality bearings to lower the price. I'm not sure if it is possible to replace them, but if yes, you can then buy new higher quality bearings. You can also take care of them a bit more with this lube: https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/yo-yo-bearings/products/yyf-performance-oil?variant=18871127748. Just put a tiny bit inside and spin it. They won't spin more after using a lube but they will last longer. There are also few ways to clean the bearing as much as you can, make sure you don't have the "spacers" on sides while you clean them and also that you put them back after you clean the bearings to avoid getting mess inside.

DavidTrompero 2003

• ITSA Jr.
  • Spintop!!!!;)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 06:54:53 AM »

So what you are saying is that they lowed the quality... Bcs Space a few years ago spinned beautifly and lots of time.... My old neptuno spins better than my new.

Thanks to all.

Kirk

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »

Some time ago Rachel's Jupiter roller went bad.  I contacted Turner Toys. They contacted Trompos Space.  The official word is that the bearings are not serviceable.

Not to be deterred I though that the worst I could do is ruin a top that did not spin well. 
So I pulled on the tip out of the plastic housing. (pull hard) The single bearing was swaged to the tip. (The back of the tip was hit with a chisel to spread the metal and hold the bearing on.)  I ground away the swage and replaced the bearing.  I drilled and tapped a hole for a tiny screw and washer to hold the bearing on and pushed the tip and bearing back into the plastic body. 

I would send photos except we lost the top at the 2016 worlds. :(