iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "Heavy Metal" Whipping Tops (from Japan)  (Read 3017 times)

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
"Heavy Metal" Whipping Tops (from Japan)
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:15:41 AM »

Hi All,

As usual I have been out of touch for quite a while.  Haven't been able to be stateside for any events for the past year and a half.

We have just opened our third Christian Conference Center in the Philippines (Eartheaven Re-Creation Center, San Mateo, Rizal Province) and I have reserved a nice spot where the whipping tops I saw in Miamisburg two years ago might be able to be played routinely.  I think Jim Neff brought them.  They have the large rubberized whips (at least I think they were rubber- they left nice black marks on the church function room floor!)  They are large cylindrical heavy metal tops. I think I heard they were from Japan.  I would like to get a couple plus the whip cords, can add wood stick here.  Anyone able to help me out?  I am comparatively close to Japan but will also be stateside briefly next month.  Would prefer picking up some in the USA while there if at all possible.  Otherwise Japan contacts would be helpful too.

Thanks

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
Re: "Heavy Metal" Whipping Tops (from Japan)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:44:04 AM »

Joe, The Whip Tops are from China not Japan.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »

hello Joe!
I was going to write the same
they are from china
we have the whole set with Ludo from small to really big and heavy
they are quite pricey and the shipping takes weeks
also they are difficult to get used to: you need a real training with regular whipping movements/strokes : it's a physical exercise

of course the regeneration offers new opportunities to preach

;D ;D

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »

Thanks for the great memories.  Yes, big black marks on the church fellowship hall floor!!!  Ha ha.  Some are still there.  And really really loud whistles!!!  A place where they could be played routinely sounds perfect.  Good luck with all of that.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  Yes was able to get in email contact with Jim Neff and will start sorting out the process this week.  Will let you know the results as we know how things go.
Joe