iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tip Types  (Read 2078 times)

pops

• ITSA Jr.
Tip Types
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:35 PM »

I was wondering if someone could describe the difference in the various types of tips I have been reading about on the forum.  I have not been able to find a good description of the different types.  The types I have run across are:  Salvador, C tip, Mexican tips, "A" tip and Diabolo.  There may be others, but knowing the shapes of these and their various uses would be helpful.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Tip Types
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:14 AM »

I was wondering if someone could describe the difference in the various types of tips I have been reading about on the forum.  I have not been able to find a good description of the different types.  The types I have run across are:  Salvador, C tip, Mexican tips, "A" tip and Diabolo.  There may be others, but knowing the shapes of these and their various uses would be helpful.

First of all, these are the parts of a tip (by Neff):

A "diabolo" tip has an open "neck" with slim cones to both sides (chin and shoulder about the same). One example is the "C" tip option from Spintastics, that came from a batch that Salvador Martinez from Mexico had made. Here is a photo of the Salvador/C tips:

The original Spintastics tip has a flat chin (their A tip).
The Mexican tips generally have more slanted shoulder and specially chin than the diabolo tip.

Of course, there are infinite variety of tips:

>:D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Tip Types
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 06:34:14 AM »

hello pops

in addition to what jorge wrote :

the letters C and A are also used for bearing size >:D

now about your question
" knowing the shapes of these and their various uses would be helpful.

the C tip (salvador tip/diabolo tip) makes it a lot easier for regeneration tricks
using a fix tip top
for bearing tops , the neck is less deep and the chin shorter

now , skilled players can deal with any tip (gerardo montero playing with the apple)

;) ;)
keep spinning

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"