iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kururin  (Read 10675 times)

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: failed kururin = ???
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »

Why have I never seen these before?  Fascinating!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:44:25 PM by Jack »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 11:07:44 AM »

I am impressed by the second one. How many tries did it take?

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »

mmmm a few  ;D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 12:06:21 PM »

oh well cool vids ;) Jack-Bro'

BUT

mmmm a few  ;D

how about the number of shots of JD ?
I'm not a Mormon, but could you please remove the brand name
 and the bottle

thanx in advance

jim (non-believer,marxist the groucho trend)
and also ITSA Chairman >:D
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 09:46:13 PM »

I'm not a Mormon, but could you please remove the brand name
 and the bottle

thanx in advance

jim (non-believer,marxist the groucho trend)
and also ITSA Chairman >:D

ill do you one better mon ami jim.....i just removed that video altogether  ;D i have the one where it hits the Top anyway which is the same video essentially  ;)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:30 AM »

merci
jack
you
me
cool
dude
bro
pal
fun
ahead(..)

jim

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
Purchasing Kukurin
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 08:27:28 AM »

Kururin are expensive - I have seen another brand called a Huli Stick and Sweets Kendama has made one called "The Jammer". I purchased two on Amazon for my son and they were $14 a piece - not a bargain for a couple of shaped dowels - but he uses them often (and that's the real point). Anyway, I just placed an order from Topspin and they have the identical item for $7.62. A much better price. If anyone is placing an order for top stuff through Topspin and needs a Kururin, this is a less expensive source.

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Purchasing Kukurin
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »

Kururin are expensive - I have seen another brand called a Huli Stick and Sweets Kendama has made one called "The Jammer". I purchased two on Amazon for my son and they were $14 a piece - not a bargain for a couple of shaped dowels - but he uses them often (and that's the real point). Anyway, I just placed an order from Topspin and they have the identical item for $7.62. A much better price. If anyone is placing an order for top stuff through Topspin and needs a Kururin, this is a less expensive source.

tbh i was a little dissapointed with the muku studios kururin, i made my kururin before getting the name brand one and i thought the name brand would work better or easier or something but in fact it was the opposite lol

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Kukurin
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
Re: Purchasing Kukurin
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 10:01:49 PM »

tbh i was a little dissapointed with the muku studios kururin, i made my kururin before getting the name brand one and i thought the name brand would work better or easier or something but in fact it was the opposite lol

If I remember, your proportions were off a bit compared to the name brand, with the widest point being a bit larger. I would think that this would support your observation that your home-turned model would perform better than store-bought.

I doubt this will take off like yoyos or tops or kendama. From what I know, kendama has some rather rigid specs in regards to nearly every aspect, at least for JKA approval. This leaves little to no room for creativity or for "growing the sport" from a competitive level. I guess it's a "level the playing field, only the best can survive" approach. The western approach to Kendama has been using the basics as a starting point and freely experimenting from there with little concern or desire to be JKA compliant. Not that it makes any difference overall, but I've found I prefer JKA Approved kedamas, despite most of mine not being JKA approved, only one. With tops, we've seen changes to dimensions and where/how weight is distributed. Similarly, with yoyos, especially with this bi-metal craze, companies are again playing with dimensions and focusing weight while also trying to support the growing trend of horizontal style play coupled with top-on fingerspins.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with deviating from the "spec".  If it can be made better, why not?
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Kukurin
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »

Very impressive Jack. I am finding you a man or many talents.
If its worth doing.....its worth overdoing