iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: My new s8 Sophia  (Read 1199 times)

DavidTrompero 2003

• ITSA
  • Spintop!!!!;)
My new s8 Sophia
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »

Hi,  in Spain on 6th January come 'LOS REYES MAGOS' and they give us presents(they are my parents????).
My sourprise is that they gave me a yellow and blue Sophia!!!! It spins perfect, like others s8. What do you think???

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: My new s8 Sophia
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »

Congrats, David! That is a great present.
It is one of the very best tops. In addition, it is the spintop that will be the most valuable to collectors once it is not offered any more.
Yellow and blue? I don't recall seeing that color.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:13:22 PM »

Los Reyes Magos......the wise men!!!

It is Epiphany time around here and that includes the wise men but we do not have a gift giving tradition.  Glad you got such a nice gift on this special day.  Some people in Greece are diving in the water to retrieve a cross on this day.  Some people in Russia are diving in a frozen lake with a cross shaped hole to celebrate.  I know there are plenty of other interesting Epiphany Day traditions but I am glad yours includes a nice new top to spin.  Congratulations!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!

DavidTrompero 2003

• ITSA
  • Spintop!!!!;)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »

Thanks.... Tomorrow I will try it on grass :P

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 05:22:32 AM »

After typing my previous post, I stumbled on other traditions some on this forum may recognize.  It looks like they have some big ceremonies in Prague.  People dress up as the three wise men and ride camels across the Charles bridge.  Later, in the Vltava River, a number of swimmers gather every year to swim under the Charles bridge on the day of Epiphany.  I saw a picture of three swimmers with crowns on their heads as they made their way in the river.  That water cannot be very warm at this time of the year!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:24:58 AM by the Earl of Whirl »

MrYo

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:27:17 AM »

Hallo,
you  got one of the last Sofia on the market. Because of some little problems with "similar but not equal" designs i decided to re-new the look of my tops so people will not have to question about original or bootleg tops. I hope to start the new line at the end of this year, i still have old design tops here.
In the meanwhile one or two all new tops are in develop.

Maurizio

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »

Hallo,
you  got one of the last Sofia on the market. Because of some little problems with "similar but not equal" designs i decided to re-new the look of my tops so people will not have to question about original or bootleg tops. I hope to start the new line at the end of this year, i still have old design tops here.
In the meanwhile one or two all new tops are in develop.

Maurizio
Those are great news! I look forward to seeing the new tops from Enzo Maurizio!  :)