iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Schylling Toy Company and their tops  (Read 1681 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Schylling Toy Company and their tops
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »

This is the time of the year that I scour toy stores and malls looking for deals with their 50 percent off and more sales.  The Go Calendars and Games store in our local mall seems to hold the most potential.  They have some decent stuff in there for some good prices at this moment.  Most especially right now I am stocking up on kendamas.

Out of the blue, on several occasions, I have run across some finger tops from Schylling Toy Company and they are really nice spinners.  Some of the items from Schylling are not really made that well but these finger spinners are great!  I have searched this website and cannot find where we have talked about them at all.  Does anyone else know about them or have experience with them?  I searched around for a while and finally found them on the Schylliing website.  See if this link works:

http://www.schylling.com/c/boys-toys_classic-toys?pp=24&pg=2&sb=recommended

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:24:26 PM by ta0 »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
Re: Schylling Toy Company and their tops
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »

Every time I stop by the "Go Games" store I see one of the of these Schylling finger tops.  I buy it and then ask if they have any more?  No, they tell me.  Next time I am at the store another one is out.  It all seems kind of magical to me!!!

The tops spin so well that I am willing to play their game.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »

I have made at least four visits with the same comment....."this is all we have".  I am now up to eight tops and a display box.  They are so full of baloney but these tops have potential Mark Hayward!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »

Found some more of these little gems in a toy store.  I have a nice collection and cannot wait for Mark Hayward to try them out.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »

I bought most of the last store's tops and asked if they were going to order any more.  Guess what?  They got a whole box for me.....24!!!  Now I have two full boxes for a total of 48 tops and I cut loose with them tonight on our big wooden floor at the house.  All I can say is Mark better get over here pretty soon as these babies offer him some good possibilities!

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:44:29 PM »

I bought most of the last store's tops and asked if they were going to order any more.  Guess what?  They got a whole box for me.....24!!!  Now I have two full boxes for a total of 48 tops and I cut loose with them tonight on our big wooden floor at the house.  All I can say is Mark better get over here pretty soon as these babies offer him some good possibilities!

Herds of finger tops are tons of fun. How many can you get going at once?

Last I checked, I could keep 25 of these "small Znap tops" up at once all by myself. They weigh 6.6 g and stay up 60-70 sec by hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDoOHy45o1s

Must have at least 60 of them by now. Kids love to help me get them all going at LEGO shows.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:55:17 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Playing with the physical world through LEGO

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »

Yes, having a bunch of finger spinners around is always a hit.  I gave it a shot last night and got a bunch going.  It surprised even me!!!  Mark could do better.  I think his official Guinness record is something like 27 or 28.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »

You gotta hand it to the Go calendar and game stores.  It is hard to find tops of any kind anywhere in our area but today I saw most of a box of Schylling Tiny Tin Tops.  It is January of 2019 and that makes several years in a row that they have come through with some tops for sale.....and now 50% off!!!  Tiny Tin Tops they call them on their display box.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:29:44 PM by the Earl of Whirl »