- 6 (50%)
Entertaining but overrated
- 5 (41.7%)
Not very good
- 0 (0%)
Waste, go see something else
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: new movie starts with a spinning top......"Inception"  (Read 25495 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: new movie starts with a spinning top......"Inception"
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »

He has a tough mom!  ???

On ebay right now (www.ebay.com/itm/151119862802) another finger top related to a movie:

Probably the only reason they included a spintop in the promo kit is the movie title Topsy Turvy, but it looks like a very good deal at that price for people who collect both spinning tops and movie stuff . . . if there are any.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »

His mom is tough.  And, sadly, she does not even mention the top and its spinning!!!

Nice save to keep this top spinning related.  I have never heard of the movie Topsy Turvy.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: inception : once more !!
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 11:25:57 PM »

On the related youtube videos to one posted by Dazzling Dave, there was a Google talk by Kyle Johnson who wrote a book titled: "Inception and Philosophy: Because It's Never Just a Dream". I am not one of those who likes to over-analyze movies, but it was fun to listen while I was doing something else (warning it's 43 minutes long).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

He claims it should have won the Oscar as best picture and the reason it didn't was that it went over the top of the heads of voters or the Academy. He also claims that the main character is dreaming at the end.

On thing I found out, for example, is that a number repeats in many places. Lots of hidden stuff like that.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »

4 1/2 years later, many are agreeing with Kyle Johnson.  There was an article in USA Today newspaper that listed Inception as one of the top thriller movies of the decade.  That got me to looking around about it on the internet and I found it listed as a top movie of the decade on several lists.  But the shocker was IMDB's list.  They put it as THE BEST movie of the decade (with the Joker not far behind). 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/entertainment/inception-imdb-highest-rated-movie-2019-12

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA Jr.
  • Immortal Member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2020, 12:19:24 PM »

When I dream about tops, they still fall down. So no help there.

But if I look down and and discover that I forgot my pants, the odds that it's just a dream are still a good 80%.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 01:29:56 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Playing with the physical world through LEGO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up