iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ITSA General Assembly: December 5th - 12th

Author Topic: Lighted Top Testing  (Read 5219 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Lighted Top Testing
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »

... my current vendor does not carry neon crochet thread........sadness in the house of jack
Neon Polyester thread is all over the place.  Finding cotton may be a challenge.

About the only other gimmick I wouldn't mind seeing would be some sort of onboard storage that tracks spin over time and a beep that serves as a reminder that "we're slowing down too much, might be time to regenerate(fixed tip) or switch tops(bearing tip). Just use the same numbers. I think that would add too much cost and not enough benefit. Would be neat for research though.
My goal is to create a system that detects regen.  The user would then be able to see if their string action is adding spin.

I think if you wash any string in detergent that has phosphates, it will become UV reactive.  Check your laundry detergent, you may already be a winner!
Oh neat idea.  We specifically stay away from such detergents.  Perhaps just this once?

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: Lighted Top Testing
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 04:54:12 PM »

I think if you wash any string in detergent that has phosphates, it will become UV reactive.  Check your laundry detergent, you may already be a winner!
Oh neat idea.  We specifically stay away from such detergents.  Perhaps just this once?

I know a lot of people do try to stay away from that stuff, you might just get a tiny box from a laundromat vending machine or something like that.  If you've ever noticed people in white shirts glowing under blacklight, that's why.  :)