iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 2629 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Pokemon Go
« on: July 14, 2016, 10:46:56 AM »

This seems to be sweeping Miamisburg up in a whirlwind.  Then I saw online and in newspapers that it is sweeping the nation.  Many people on this forum have stood by the outside sign in front of our church.  Our sign has also been used to announce many top visitors and top competitions.  Get this.......our sign is part of the game!!!  It is worth four poke balls and a revive for your guy!  People from all over are coming by our sign.

Is there a spinning top or spinning character in Pokemon?  Seems like we should try to connect with this fad.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »

This seems to be sweeping Miamisburg up in a whirlwind.  Then I saw online and in newspapers that it is sweeping the nation.  Many people on this forum have stood by the outside sign in front of our church.  Our sign has also been used to announce many top visitors and top competitions.  Get this.......our sign is part of the game!!!  It is worth four poke balls and a revive for your guy!  People from all over are coming by our sign.

Is there a spinning top or spinning character in Pokemon?  Seems like we should try to connect with this fad.

well this is quite a turn of events lol  ;D

yes there is actually: "baltoy"

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 06:41:47 AM »

Here in Spain also it has come pokemon go, is a madness full of people pos all parts with his mobile hunting pokemon ???

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »

Get this.......our sign is part of the game!!!  It is worth four poke balls and a revive for your guy!  People from all over are coming by our sign.

Wow! That is fantastic! (as long as you don't mind the increased people traffic)

yes there is actually: "baltoy"
Nice!
I know that several Pokémon have spintop-like attacks.

I took this picture a week ago at the Nintendo America headquarters in Redmond (Seattle). Diego is doing a summer internship at Microsoft and this was on the way to their campus. It was a Saturday morning and the parking lot was almost empty, so we just parked and walked around the grounds.

As you can tell, my sons are big Nintendo fans. In particular, Diego started collecting everything Pokemon when he was a kid. Of course, they already were into Pokemon Go that had been released a few days before. So they hunted Pokemon there while Beatriz and I followed them scratching our heads. There was one other person doing the same thing, a man with a badge hanging from the neck, so we suspected he was a Nintendo employee either testing or just playing the game. They caught several but nothing super special, and none by the sign.

I want somebody to get a video of a Pokemon Go while throwing a spintop at it (both Pokemon and top appearing on the screen of the phone).  Actually, we may try this in front of your sign, Mike! >:D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:26:13 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 10:30:17 AM »

Another one: Hitmontop

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:44:26 AM »

Let's not forget that we have had augmented reality with tops for several years already: Virtual present from Trompos Space