iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Flashy Tricks  (Read 3854 times)

• Gold Member
Flashy Tricks
« on: July 09, 2016, 01:07:39 AM »

Hey Guys,

I am probably just a little too obsessed with spintops, but can you guys list the FLASHIEST tricks you know? So far the flashiest tricks I know are corkscrew (6 max, but I can do many more with longer strings, but I have very fat forearms), reverse corkscrews, bondage, stairway to heaven, and race track.

I just want to know what else is out there. What is the FLASHIEST, trick you can think of? I would love to know. Links to videos or links to descriptions are appreciated, but not even requested. This is moreso just food for thought.

Thank you!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Flashy Tricks
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 08:56:23 PM »

Perhaps off topic.  These may not be the most Flashy, but they always draw positive comments.  The last one is not too hard but is very well loved when shown to kids and adults (especially when you add sound effects)

EL ELEVADOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:35:19 AM »

Dear Kirk,

These hit the spot! Thank you!

But, may I please ask, what is the difference between the "raton loco" and the "racetrack"? Is the race track just a longer "raton loco"?

Thank you,

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 09:16:28 AM »

Race Track, Short Circuit and Raton Loco (crazy mouse) are all the same trick. The related trick called Formula One (Right, Left, Right Left - 3 crossings) is sometimes called Race Track. 
By the way, IMHO shorter is better for Raton Loco for several reasons. (8 to 12 inches) It is more reliable. It is faster to set up. Most of all the viewer does not know what is about to happen until it is over.  Then you get comments like "what was that?", "Wow, What happened?" and so on.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 01:07:29 AM »

zorro and its variants are pretty flashy i feel.
i nearly always start with a zorro variant  ;D

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »

Corkscrew and Mach 5 are always crowd pleasers.  I usually use them toward the beginning of my routine for regular humans.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »

I loved watching again that routine for a general audience. By the way you get into the (open) corkscrew a 4:00 is really cool!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 10:53:02 AM »

I loved watching again that routine for a general audience. By the way you get into the (open) corkscrew a 4:00 is really cool!

mmm i forgot about that, thats a trick i need to learn  :o

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 03:25:44 AM »

Dear Chris,

Wonderful! I love your performance!

Dear Jack,

Would you be so kind as to tell me where I could find the "zorro" trick you are speaking of? I have never heard it. I have learned almost all the tricks  kirk has posted :D.

Dear Kirk,

I have never heard about "Formula One". Is there any chance you know where I could find this trick? I understand how how a race track works, (and raton loco), as I can do these with ease now (racetrack is just longer), but what exactly is formula one? Is it basically just a triple wirewalker?

I agree with you. I would say that the legnth completely changes the impression the tricks give. 

Thank you all so much!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 11:59:02 PM »

I have never heard about "Formula One". Is there any chance you know where I could find this trick? ...  but what exactly is formula one? Is it basically just a triple wirewalker?
Yes.  It the top starts in your dominant hand it goes around the thumb of the off hand then around the thumb and fingers of the dominant hand then to the off hand palm.  The set up is a bit tricky.
 I have not taken the time to find the video posted by pplgrande a while ago. Perhaps you can dig it up.

Another nice wire walker style trick that I forgot about

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »

Found it Kirk!

Gus doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hafcFeWGTGk&index=24&list=PLA3DE4EDDDBD12E29

I can't find the original one of Gerardo Montero doing it.  :'(

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:03:10 PM by Neff »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 03:31:56 PM »

Gerardo invented the trick and named it El Mejor Truco (Gus told me they were working together when he did) but it was not the best name  ::) This is the original version from over 10 years ago (re-uploaded by somebody else):

And this is a recent Gerardo video in which he also shows it at 0:25:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:35:42 PM by ta0 »